Great item , easy to work with and torch fire , great sellers , 1st class service.
THE BONUS PACK IS BACK! Our most popular clay, with an additional whole 2gm extra.
Only available for a short period, first come, first served.
Silver Clay has been around since 1995. Since its launch, there has been a few different types of Art Clay Silver, including Art Clay Original Formula, Art Clay 650, Art Clay Slow Tarnish, and Art Clay 650 Slow Dry. Aida has picked the best parts from their three most popular clays - easy moulding from the Original, slow drying from the Slow Dry, and a low firing temperature from the 650 range.
We think this might just be the ideal clay!
- It has a better workability and a longer working time (longer than Slow Dry!) than the current Art Clay Silver products.
- It retains and accepts moisture easier than the exisiting silver clay types, which means it is easier to keep supple and much easier to reconstitute if it dries.
- It has similar drying times (when applying heat).
- It carves and files easier in the dry stage than the existing formulas.
- Fire with kiln, torch, or gas stove. Using a kiln the recommended time and temperatures are 30 minutes at 650°C on a continuum to only 5 minutes at 800°C.
- Shrinkage 8-9%.
The clay can be hallmarked as fine silver at any UK Assay Office.
Don't just listen to us - here is some feedback we've had from customers:
- The clay is definitely easy to manipulate if you are designing as you go.
- I bonded two pieces together beautifully, and only needed a little sanding.
- The clay is easy to sand
- I polished with the ‘sunshine’ cloth and was really amazed at the beautiful deep shine, it took me by surprise. The pieces also felt dense, and strong.
- With its ability to blend so well when pasted, this makes putting the 3D pieces together seamless. The clay seems to take longer to dry out which gives more time for creating a piece.