An open-shelf (i.e. no carbon needed) STERLING SILVER CLAY!
Art Clay Silver 950, an enriched sterling silver clay, is a creamy and smooth clay to work with, with a consistency very close to the the normal Art Clay Silver New Formula. It comes ready mixed, so you can just open a packet, and start working - no need to measure powders or mix two separate clays. And it needs no carbon for firing.
50g clay in each pack (also available in 25g).
** PLEASE NOTE** - This clay is kiln fire only
- About 60% stronger than Art Clay fine silver (due to 5% copper content)
- Hallmark as sterling silver
- Pre-mixed into a smooth, creamy, pliable clay
- Simple straight forward kiln firing - no carbon needed
This enriched sterling clay does NOT require any carbon to fire! It is fired once (incorporating two stages) on an open shelf in a kiln. No carbon = mess-free! If you have programmable kiln, it is very easy to set the firing schedule - if you need help on how to do this, feel free to contact us.
- Put on a kiln shelf, in a cool kiln
- Heat up to 500C and hold for 30 minutes (this first step burns off the binder)
- Heat up to 870C and hold for 60 minutes (this final firing sinters the metal particles)
The kiln can heat up at full speed, and doesn't need to cool off between the two stages. Avoid moving the piece after the first firing step as it will be fragile before sintering.
The ACS950 is approximately 60% stronger than the regular Art Clay silver clay (due to the 5% copper content). The extra strength makes it the ideal choice for designs taking a lot of wear and tear, fingerprint jewellery, as well as rings, cuffs, and delicate thin open-ended designs.
WHAT DOES 950 STAND FOR?
950 is the purity of the silver after firing; 95% silver and 5% copper. The ACS950 will be hallmarked as Sterling silver in the UK.