ATTENTION - COULD YOU BE WHO WE NEED?
We need a part-time Despatch and Stock Assistant! Do you want to work with us, and make sure we get our orders shipped out on time?
Despatch and Stock assistant - part time
Metal Clay Ltd has been running since 2004 and has grown to become one of the largest metal clay suppliers in Europe. Last year we launched a second brand/website called House of Resin and now also stock a wide range of resins, colours, moulds and for wood and pen turners as well as furniture makers.
We’re passionate about offering a top-quality service, as well as products. 99% of our orders are placed our our website. Getting orders packed and despatched daily is the most important aspect of anything that happens in our office.
We’re looking for a trustworthy, conscientious, efficient, punctual, and independent person to join our team as a part time Despatch and Stock Assistant. Your task will be to ensure orders have been picked correctly, pack them safely, and then send in the most efficient way all around the world, as well as supporting our stock manager.
This job would suit you if you want a few days work a week (with opportunity of additional hours/days). If you live locally and/or can easily jump in on days when staff are off would be a great bonus.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Sitting at a desk staring at a screen is not for you, you’re physically fit and like a job where you'll be on your feet.This is a standing job, and you move around a lot.
- You’re happy working on your own. Bonus - you get to choose what’s on the radio!
- You’re sharp and pay attention to details. You’ll need to quickly learn to see the difference between a “Eyelet” and a “Embeddable eyelet”, or “EcoPoxy Resin” and “Eco UVPoxy Resin”.
- You’re fast and efficient, but careful, you’ll be packing people’s precious orders - you'll go home proud knowing you made sure customer’s orders will arrive safely - just the way you would have liked to receive it.
- You’re happy to work under pressure, as all orders must be packed in time before pick-up time.
- You’ve got good numeracy and math skills, and are able to stay focused to count 65 miniature sized products without losing track - even if the phone is ringing and people are coming and going around you.
- You must be punctual and able to work at a fast and focused pace. If your start time is 9.30 you’ll be expected to be here, have made a coffee, and ready to start packing at 9.30.
- You must have good communication skills.
- You need to be happy using computers booking in collections, printing manifests and labels.
- You must have a friendly positive manner - even on a grey and rainy Monday morning.
Hours are flexible and can be negotiated to fit the right person, but orders need to be ready for collection every day, so there are some limitations.
We see a few alternatives - but all of which would involve Monday and Friday:
- Three part-days a week. Around 9.30 - 14.30/15.00.
- Two full days a week. 8.30 - 16.30.
- Or, one full day and two part-days
For the right person, there could be extra hours/days available, especially during busy periods and to cover other staff holidays.
£8.00-8.50/hour depending on experience
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
You’ll be coming in to orders being picked, ready for you to check and you need to ensure the right item and quantity has been picked. You pack the orders, choosing the most efficient packaging and service. Once packed you choose what postage option should be used, and frank or book a courier accordingly. Monday is our busiest day, so you’ll have a busy day where you probably won’t stop apart from during your break. You ensure your work space and the stock area is neat, tidy, well organised and safe, and ready for your colleagues to come in the next day, being able to find everything they need.
Some hours every week you’ll be assisting the Stock Manager in re-packing, bagging and labelling products ready for sale, and keeping the stock room clean and organised.
You’ll help out with goods arriving and checking in deliveries.
You might be asked to pick orders instead of pack, depending on other staff schedules and your availability for the day. You’ll be returning and checking in goods into the stock room after shows and events, ensuring stock is rotated and in good condition. You’ll be involved in stock checks and stock counts.
We’re a small company, and a close team. You’ll be expected to chip in and help out as and when needed as seen necessary in other parts of the company. This could include packing goods and display materials and loading onto a van for the sales team to take off-site (for the right person this may also include additional hours on-site help during events). It might be setting up and tidying the studio/meeting space for in-house training or events.
BEST PARTS OF THE JOB
- We’re a privately owned small company so we’re not set in our ways or ruled by stuffy regulations from the “head-office”. New ideas to improve what we do are welcomed and wanted! You’ll work in a small relaxed team where we get to know each other really well, and look after each other.
- If you show initiative and talent, and are prepared to go that extra step to do a spectacular job, there are opportunities to get involved in rewarding projects.
- You’re not stuck behind a desk staring at a computer all day.
- We sell some fab stuff if you’re into crafts or jewellery making. You’ll get great discounts on products.
- The Nespresso machine is always on, and the herbal tea selection is fully stocked. Cakes and donuts make a regular appearance.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Send an email with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are the person we are looking for, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure you include your contact details, and information about education and work experience.
Please note - we receive many applications for our part time positions. It is impossible to interview everybody, and we are also not able to get back to everyone with feedback. We shortlist using the application letter together with your CV so please give us much information as possible to give yourself the best chance. Once the job has been filled, we will let everyone know.