This is one of Foredom's top of the range micromotor kits. This Dual Handpiece 230V kit comes with a Rotary Brushless handpiece with a 2.35mm (3/32″) Collet and a brush-type Hammer handpiece. A top of 50,000 RPM gives you a fast and smooth cut.
No matter what speed you run it at, this unit is virtually noise and vibration free. Set the speed you want and use the footpedal for turning the motor on and off - ideal for when you are using burrs that need a slower speed, like the TYphoon burrs for instance - control the speed and your tools last longer!
The simple cord connection between the handpiece motor and control box is a great advantage. It is very comfortable in the hand, and gives much less strain when being used for longer periods. Compared to a normal flexshaft you get a lot less 'drag' and don't have the same general restriction in manoeuvrability; micromotors offer much greater freedom of movement.
The totally sealed handpiece units keep dust and dirt out so they last longer. This kit is also available with a 1/8″ collet version, click here.
This kit comes with 2 Handpieces
Brushless rotary handpiece connects to port in the back of the control box. It runs virtually vibration free with high torque throughout the entire speed range of 1,000-50,000 rpm. See additional specs below.
Brush type Hammer handpiece operates at 1,000 – 2,500 strokes per minute. Connects to port in front of the control box. See additional specs below.
- Control box with digital display, variable speed foot pedal, 2 handpiece cradles, and an extra fuse also included. See additional specs below.
- Two Year Limited Warranty Brushless motor design carbon brushes NEVER need changing
- Maximum Torque or Watts Output 10 oz. in or 70mNm or 230W.
- Powerful even at minimum speeds.
- Sealed housing eliminates dust, noise, and vibration
- Additional port for Brush Type Micromotor Handpiece
This brushless micromotor is ideal for various applications at high, medium and low speed.
High Speed Applications
Running at high speed, it provides smooth, clean, and sharp detailing in metal and wood. It’s also great for bright-cutting, grinding, finishing, texturing, and polishing. You never need to changes the brushes on this handpiece.
Medium Speed Applications
At medium speeds it is ideal for effortless and fast stock removal in wood, diestone, or acrylics.
Low Speed Applications
The low end offers extra control and power for stone setting and milling.
HP4-817-2 (230V) Control Box and Front Panel LED
- 50/60 Hz, 100VA, 5.4″ wide, 9.1″ deep, 7″ high
- Dial speed control sets precise speed and torque
- Auto cruise, Forward or Reverse rotation, Dial or Foot speed control
- Digital display for precise speed and torque settings
- Built in overload protection
- Brushless micromotor handpiece connects to port on back side of control box
- Brush type handpiece connects to port in front.
H.MH-150 Brushless Handpiece/Motor
- 6.3″ long, 1.06″ motor diameter, .75″ grip diameter, 8.4 oz/237.7 gr., 115 volt
- Ergonomic and brushless with long-lasting ceramic ball bearings
- Bur changes are quick and easy with a simple twist of the front section of the Handpiece
- Comes with a 2.35mm (3/32″) collet installed. This kit is also available with a 1/8″ collet version, click here.
H.MH-110 Brush Type Hammer Handpiece/Motor
- 6-1/4″ overall length, 9/16″ grip diameter, 1″ motor diameter, 13oz/369 gr., 0.75 amps (230V)
- Ideal for stone setting applications and engraving techniques.
- Slender contoured grip and impact adjustment ring for precise hammering work.
- Operates from 0-2,500 strokes per minute.
- The force of the impact of the H.MH-110 reciprocating handpiece can be adjusted from light to full by turning the metal ring while the motor is off or running.
- The speed of the hammer action can also be varied from 0-2,500 strokes per minute with the dial on the control unit.
- Used with the supplied Graver Holder, the handpiece becomes a precision power engraver- no need for an air compressor or a flexible shaft drive.
- 3-Anvil Points with Threaded Shanks p/n HP10177
- 1-Graver Holder with Allen Key p/n HPH8-214. Screws into the front end of the handpiece and converts it into a power engraving tool. Comes with 5/64″ allen key (graver not included)
- 1-5mm Open End Wrench, Handpiece Cradle p/n HP4-933, Spare Motor Brushes p/n HP4-163, 2 Pins used to tighten Anvil Points
HP7-7060 Foot Speed Control
- Variable speed foot control works with control box HP4-717. Varies speed from 1,000 – 50,000 RPM.