We LOVE this little portable micro motor! If you've taken a class with Wanaree Tanner, we're pretty sure you've seen her use it (and we bet you're smitten too....).
It's a portable little micromotor, tiny enough to stick in a decent sized handbag. carrying a flexshaft in your bag. Charge it up, and it'll last you for hours (days if you only use it for short periods!). You can polish, engrave, and drill - it can do pretty much anything you would do with a flex-shaft, Dremel or other rotary tool.
Take it to classes, craft shows (live demonstrations - always a great way to draw visitors to your stand), and on your travels in case you want to do some work... You can also use it plugged in, for continuous work.
The control unit with built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery features a digital RPM display at the top that makes it easy to monitor speed as you work. The dial on the front adjusts speed from 0 - 30,000 RPM.
- Run time is approximately 5 hours, depending on what work you do and the speed you use. It takes about 2-3 hours to charge the battery.
- Perfect for users who work at multiple stations, or for signing/personalising work pieces at craft and outdoor fairs when no power is available.
- Handpiece (motor) is small and lightweight but has plenty of power for fine detailing, polishing and even grinding on metal, wood, glass and many other materials. Its fan cooled, brush type continuous duty motor runs cool and vibration-free. It has permanently lubricated, shielded ball bearings that require no additional lubrication.
- The handpiece has a twist release rotary type collet for easy changes. It will take bits, burrs and drills with a shank size of 3/32" (2.35mm).
This motor comes in two models, this model with a 3/32" collet, and one with a 1/8" collet. Apart from the collet size, they are identical.
You can replace the collet on the handpiece to the other size, but this requires purchasing a replacement collet and it isn't a quick job, so not something you would want to do every time you use it. There are a range of Collet Adapters, that step down (and up) collet sizes without having to switch out a collet.
Two Year Limited Warranty
- Main body - control box with rechargeable battery
- Handpiece MH-130 with 3/32" (2.35mm) collet installed
- Charger/Adapter with UK 3-pin plug - CE marked
- Handpiece Cradle
- Spare pair of motor brushes
- Collet Changing Wrenches
Control Unit with built-in rechargeable battery
2-34 Wide, 1-14 Deep, 5-14 Tall, 9.77 oz.
Output: DC 12V/1.2A
Front: Speed Control Dial
Top: The display showing the RPM. LED Indicator Lights showing 1) overload warning, 2) battery status, 3) whether in forward or reverse, 4) if an optional On/Off Foot Switch is in use. Port for connecting the Handpiece.
Side Panels: On the right is the On/Off Button and the port for the Charger Connector. On the left you'll find the Forward/Reverse Button and the button for turning On/Off the (optional, not included) Foot Switch as well as the port for attaching the foot switch.
Handpiece (which contains the motor)
The handpiece is small and lightweight. It fits well even in slightly smaller hands, yet has plenty of power for fine detailing, polishing and even grinding on metal, wood, glass and many other materials.
Its fan cooled, brush-type continuous duty motor runs cool and smooth, totally vibration-free. It has permanently lubricated, shielded ball bearings that require no additional lubrication.
It's 5" Long, with a 1/2" diameter at grip, 7/8" at motor. It weighs 183g (6.46 oz).
It has a twist-release rotary type collet making changing of burrs and bits quick and easy. It takes bits with a shank size of 3/32" (2.35mm).
HP8-B1800 Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
3 hours charging time, which gives you a working time of 5 hours.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
I absolutely love this bit of kit it's so light, quiet and easy to work with. I just need to get a optional speed control foot pedal and it's perfect.
I bought this to drill and set crystals in custom pens I make and it’s totally perfect for the job the stones set in just beautifully this is going to be used a lot I think