Birchwood Jeweller's Bench.
This sturdy UK made jeweller's workbench is the ideal starting point for any jewellers, crafters or hobbyist who are making jewellery or crafts at home.
It has an 18mm thick birchwood worktop giving you plenty of space to work on, and which you can clamp your anvil and bench pin to. The bench also includes a handy semi-circular tool holder which is ideal for storing extra tools in. The 45mm planed timber legs support the large working surface. The side supports are made from a sturdy MDF, making the bench very stable.
The bench can be left as is, or painted, stained or varnished to suit your on preferences.
The bench also features metal runners for a drawer which is an optional extra.
The bench is approximately
- 90cm tall
- 66.5cm deep
- 92cm wide (including the tool holder)
- With 4.5cm wide planed timber legs.
Jewellery benches are designed to be higher than table height to avoid you hunching over - the bench should be about chest height when you're sat at it. An office chair is the ideal to use at your bench as it gives you more freedom over what height you sit at.
A basic bench setup should ideally include:
- a drawer for all the little bits and pieces you need quick access to
- a peg/pin -ideally with an anvil (the peg supports your piece when you drill, pierce, cut and saw and the anvil is excellent when you're hammering wires, shaping metal, riveting and other tecniques which requires a metal support/work surface)
- a bench skin/apron (usually a leather sheet placed under your cut-out to collect all your precious metal filings and scraps to send off for reclamation. It also protects your lap from any hot or sharp things falling off the bench - and it is a life saver when you spill your little tray of gemstones....)
- good lighting and accessible magnification - don't strain your eyes.
The bench will arrive part assembled with the sideframes and worktop ready made, with instructions for you to put the pieces together in about 15 minutes! You will need a screwdriver.
As these benches are made to order please allow up to 5 days for despatch (although they are usually ready sooner than this). Your bench will then be sent by Parcelforce 24 hour delivery service for FREE within the UK!
*Please note* Can only be shipped within the UK.