WAS A LITTLE NERVOUS WHEN FIRST OPENING THIS LAMP AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE COMPLICATED TO INSTALL THE LAMPS AND GET STARTED. IT WAS SO EASY EVEN FOR ME. IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY. I WAS SO DELIGHTED TO SEE A COUPLE OF MY PIECES CURED BEAUTIFULLY IN 10 MINUTES. I'M TOTALLY A NEWBIE TO UV RESIN, BUT FOUND IT SO MUCH EASIER TO WORK WITH THAN THE TWO PART RESIN. I'M SO GLAD I PURCHASED AS I JUST KNOW THIS UNIT IS GOING TO MAKE RESINING A PLEASURE FOR ME.
This UV light box is perfect for curing our UV Resin, as well as making your own stamps with our Photo Polymer plates and Stamp Maker Sachets.
It's very easy to use; simply plug in and switch on! This is a professional UV light unit, primarily sold as a nail gel curing light. The light has a large front opening slot, where you simply slide in your pieces. The bottom and sides are covered in reflective material to help with even curing.
This UV lamp comes with 4 x 9W UV light tubes. Simple and clean design, with a white cover. New UV tubes are easy to get in the UK.
Power: 220V-240V/ 50Hz-60HZ (UK fused plug)
Size - external: 24cm L x 22cm W x 10cm H
Size - internal: Approx 14cm L x 13cm W x 5.5cm H
Bulb: 4 x 9W (included)
NOTE: UV Boxes generates very strong ultraviolet light, which may damage your eyes. Don't look into it, and if you work with it a lot, you might want to cover the opening with a cloth to protect your eyes.
*UV boxes may vary in design and packaging from the product picture shown*
USING WITH UV GEL
- The UV resin requires a high dose of concentrated UV light to cure, it will not cure in normal sunlight.
- The curing time depends on the thickness of the resin.
- Clear gel will cure faster than gel with colour or other inclusions. If you are adding lots of colour, cure the resin in several thin layers.
- Leave the piece to set out of the box after curing for a couple of minutes.
- If the light gets hot it can inhibit curing, so turn the light off and let it cool off in between curings. It is a good idea to leave the resin to sit out of the UV box for a couple of minutes after curing, as sometimes the resin can come out slightly soft and needs to cool down to harden fully.
I bought this box along with the UV Crystal resin to varnish polymer clay sculptures, it works perfectly within 10 mins the resin is set.