WANAREE TANNER IS BACK - ONLY CHANCE TO WORK WITH HER IN EUROPE!
STONE SET STATEMENT RING MASTERCLASS
SILVER CLAY AND EXTRA GOODIES INCLUDED - VALUE £116.65!
We're so excited to let you know that Wanaree Tanner is holding her first class for over 4 years. And she is coming to us! This will be the only chance to join Wanaree for a class in Europe this year... so don't miss out!
Wanaree Tanner is an award winning metal clay artist, a leader in the field, renowned for her innovative metal work and range of hand finished tools. In her own jewellery work her unique vision and multi-cultural sensibilities seamlessly merges ethnic artistry with innovative modern design. And on top of that she is incredibly warm and caring, generous with her knowledge, and funny. She is one of those teachers who leave you feeling inspired and like you can do anything.
This class is your chance to make yourself a stunning statement ring while learning new metal clay techniques and tips and tricks from a metal clay master. This is the first time Wanaree share this particular method, with all new techniques not available any where else.
Learn how to create a silver statement ring that captures the depth and lustre of semi-precious stones in fine silver metal clay. This three day Masterclass features all of Wanaree’s methods for creating an Art Clay Silver ring to fit a non-fireable stone using her complete line of Signature Die Cut Tools and Die Cut Rollers.
- ring mandrel and stone setting
- customisations to compensate for metal clay shrinkage
- wet clay methods for seamless construction
- appliquéing and layering metal clay elements
- clay refinement
- granulation elements in precision sizing
- creating vividly detailed bezel settings using your choice of any of 56 Die Cut Tool designs and/or 12 Die Cut Roller designs
- Wanaree's metal finishing and polishing processes
Included in the class fee;
- Loan of Wanaree Tanner's Signature Tools for use during the class
- 50gm Art Clay Fine Silver
- Dura-Lar work surface
- Rolling folders
- Foam smoothing tool
- Non-stop coffee and tea and (an almost) unlimited amount of biscuits
- Post-class huge information pack from Wanaree including step-by-step instructions
After three days, you'll leave with your own highly detailed, unique statement ring and the knowledge and techniques to put into practise on future projects too!
What do you need to bring?
- A semi-precious cabochon shaped stone of your choice (no more then 95mm measured around), or choose one of the High Profile Sustainable Stones which will be available for purchase, including agatized petrified wood, serpentine, chalcedony, and seam agates. Each stone has been individually collected, hand cut and polished in Thailand by Wanaree and Steve Tieken
- The recommended student tool list - information will be sent with your confirmation letter
- We suggest you bring a packed lunch for ease
- Some experience of metal clay - this is not a beginner's class!
Check out what some of Wanaree's previous students had to say.....
"Excellent, clear instructions. Wanaree is always positive even when things do not go the way you want. She does her magic and presto - problem solved." - Eleanor.
"Great course with well organised tutor. Lovely venue with a wonderful group of fellow metal clay fanatics." - Tracey S.
"Wanaree is such a giving teacher, making us all feel we can achieve the goal!" - Tricia M.
"A fantastic course - the signature tools are amazing and I'm really happy to have bought some to take home!" - Fiona I.
"Wanaree simplifies the complicated!" - Leigh A.
"Wanaree is a wonderful instructor and an inspiration to everyone she teaches. She is very generous with her help when a problem arises.Best course EVER!"- Anonymous
Who is Wanaree Tanner?
Coming to us all the way from Thailand, Wanaree Tanner is an award winning, primarily self-taught, full time artist, with a love for illustration and a fascination with world mythologies. She began her career in metal clay in 2008 and has remained at the forefront of innovation and technique development, producing a prolific collection of work as a professional artist.
She is now part of Tanner/Tieken where she creates spectacular one-of-a-kind art jewellery. Wanaree manufactures her own range of metal clay die cut tools and signature texture plates, sharing these textures and forms with the world.
Where is it?
This course will be held at:
Metal Clay Ltd
10-11 Justin Business Park
Price includes VAT.
Places for classes are strictly limited.
BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS
Full payment is required on booking.
If you need to cancel for any reason:
- less than 8 weeks, but more than 30 days before the class; if we can resell your space we will refund the course fee, less the £100 deposit.
- 30 days or less before the class: unfortunately the course fee can not be refunded, but you can transfer your space to someone else.
If you are booked on a course and you do not turn up on the day, no refund will be given. We would appreciate if you could please call and let us know if you can't attend or are going to be late on the day, out of respect for the tutor and your fellow students.
We reserve the right to cancel a workshop due to unforeseen circumstances - minimum class numbers apply. In the very unlikely event this would happen, you would be offered a full refund. We would give you as much notice as possible, but please note that we cannot be held responsible for any travel or accommodation costs. We strongly recommend you purchase a holiday insurance and check it covers the cost of class.
What can I say? I LOVE my Ring! Wanaree makes everyone know that they can achieve what they came to do - make a iconic piece of jewellery. She has broken the task down into easy to do steps so at the end of class you have ring you can be proud of! Petra, Stuart, and their staff make every day run smoothly - nothing is forgotten! Yay I'm happy!