Make your wood and resin ready to shine with Yorkshire Grit Microfine Abrasive Paste!
Yorkshire grit is a fine abrasive in paste form, which greatly reduces scratches left from sandpaper, resulting in a smoother reflective surface.
Use the abrasive pastes as your final sanding steps of woodturning to give a fine keyed surface, before moving onto the Microfine Abrasive Paste, or go straight to your chosen wax or oil based finish.
The paste is chemical-free, and it eliminates fine dust produced by high grit sandpapers.
HOW TO USE
- Whilst still attached to your lathe, sand your piece to 240-320 Grit or until it’s free of tooling marks.
- Apply the paste in a circular motion with a paper towel.
- Then switch on your lathe and work along your piece with the paper towel.
- Continue working until the paste has broken down, with no residue on the surface.
- Your piece should be dry once you’ve finished, and you will be left with a finish of at least 1000 Grit.
- Follow up with the Yorkshire Grit Microfine Abrasive Paste for an even smoother finish of at least 2000 Grit - especially for pieces including resin.
1 x Yorkshire Grit Abrasive Paste - 227g
1 x Yorkshire Grit Microfine Abrasive Paste - 227g
Made from mineral oil, beeswax, and microfine abrasive powders.
Also available individually here.