Thanks to the wonderful delegates at You can make it 2017, and our amazing sponsors, we just paid a whopping £850 to Marie Curie UK and £600 to Women’s Aid UK!
We had two charity raffles during YCMI, which together brought in a smashing total of £1,450 to charity.
Our generous sponsors donated some fabulous prizes for the YCMI 2017 charity raffle, which helped us bring in this great chunk of money. Just look at this list;
- A Pro7 Kiln (worth about £640!), donated by Prometheus Hobby
- Numerous 50 gram packs of Art Clay 999 silver and 950 sterling silver, donated by Art Clay, Aida Chemicals and Metal Clay Ltd (the organisers and hosts of YCMI 2017).
- A Stampmaker kit, donated by Imagepac
- "Behind the Brooch", a wonderful book, signed by all the tutors, kindly donated by Pat Wilson (one of our delegates)
- Prometheus jewellery clay, donated by Prometheus Hobby
- A "YCMI" apron, donated by Metal Clay Ltd
We also raffled a totally unique and priceless bracelet. A silver chain, handmade by Joy Funnell, was filled with charms made by all our terrific tutors. Charms were made by Petra Cameron Wennberg, Carol Douglas, Leigh Minx Armstrong, Julia Rai, Shayna Bowles, Tracey Spurgin, Joy Funnell, Kim Paige, Wanaree Tanner, Grainne Reynolds, Iwahashi Kuniaki, Anna Mazon, and Anna Campbell-Hall.
Massive thank you to all the tutors who generously took the time to make the charms, and to Joy Funnell for making the bracelet. Also, thank you to everyone who bought a raffle ticket.
Women’s Aid is the national charity for women and children working to end domestic abuse.The 24 Hour National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247 and their range of online services, help hundreds of thousands of women and children every year.
Marie Curie UK provide care and support for people living with any terminal illness, and their families. Last year they cared for over 40,000 people across the UK