Our favourite, the 3M Polishing Papers designed to use with the JoolTool! What could be better?!
This set of 18 very fine grade polishing papers are made from micron sized Aluminium Oxide (Silicone Carbide on the dark green, 30 micron sheet) particles coated on a flexible non-woven backing. They're designed for finishing and especially polishing materials like plastics, polyurethane, fiberglass, aluminium, painted surfaces, and brass and copper - and of course, we all LOVE them for our silver clay! There is no better product for polishing fine silver clay.
The precision micron grading provides a uniform, consistent finish. These are sometimes referred to as Tri-M-Item papers, or lapping papers. They really give you the most fantastic mirror-like finish on metal clay and silver! We keep these for use on the fired silver, as the clay clogs them up too fast.
To polish to a mirror finish, start with the coarsest grit (green, 30 micron) and work to the finest grit. When you see uniform fine lines, move to the next grit. Do not skip grits or you won't get a mirror finish. Grits are colour coded for easy identification.
3" discs. Note: you need to mount this abrasive onto a backpad before use, and for incredible results we recommend using a JoolTool Bumpon cushion pad between your abrasive and back pad. For best productivity, use a separate backpad for each abrasive grit.
The set includes 18 polishing pads, 3 of each of the grits.
Included in the set:
- 3 x Baby Pink - 1 Micron; 8,000-grit (this is usually Light Green in our A4 sheets)
- 3 x Mint - 2 Micron; 6,000-grit
- 3 x Pink - 3 Micron; 4,000-grit
- 3x Blue - 9 Micron; 1,200-grit
- 3x Grey - 15 Micron; 600-grit
- 3 x Green - 30 Micron; 400-grit
- Use wet or dry
- Precision micron coated grading for a uniform, consistent finish
- Shortens hand sanding and buffing time
- Reduces finishing steps and saves time
- Colour coded, we've also marked each pad with the micron, for easy selection