Ultra-Smooth Casting Investment Powder
Use this easy to mix Ultra Smooth Casting Powder to cast ring pellet sizers for metal clay rings, bezel placeholder for cabochons or other bezel components.
HOW TO USE:
- To create a placeholder for a bezel set stone, create a bezel for your chosen stone. Check the stone fits well - it should be snug, but come out of the bezel easily. However there shouldn’t be gaps around the stone.
- The bezel can be pressed into the clay (careful not to go too deep or it will tear during firing, make sure it’s at least 1.2mm (5 cards) thick for a pressed in bezel), or set the bezel on top of the clay and add a rope of syringe clay around the bezel to keep it in place.
- Cut away most of the clay inside the bezel, while leaving enough for a rim to hold the stone in place so it does not fall through.
- Press the stone back into the setting carefully, and let the clay dry to leather hard with the stone in place.
- Once dry, remove the stone by pressing it out from the back very carefully with a tool that that won't damage the stone, or use a wax stick to lift the stone from the front.
- Mix enough investment to fill the space, pour investment into the cavity. Allow to dry completely before firing in place.
- Once your piece has cooled, dissolve the investment in water. Then your piece is ready to finish and polish as usual.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Do not breathe in the investment powder - contains silica. We recommend always wearing a mask when using casting powder.
**Please Note** Do not pour unused casting powder down the drain. It will stick to your pipes and cause a blockage. Instead, wipe out your freshly used mixing container with a damp paper towel, or rinse off your container outside.
Contains 1lb (453g)
Instructions included inside the box - please follow the side which does not mention containing silica.