"Made to Adore" – Double Charm Kumihimo Bracelet
5m of waxed cotton (natural SCC01NA288 & brown SCC01BR288) £1.25
1 x River Stone Blank (IAD13160) £1.10
1 x Blank Circle with hole (IAD13207P) £0.90
1 x Scarlett’s Signature 2.5mm (SC1318-2.5mm) £37.95
1 x Lace Heart Stamp 6mm (SC158-H-6mm) £6.95
1 x Whimsy Heart 3mm (SC158-K-3mm) £6.95
1 x Hammer Ball Pien 4oz (HAM01) £3.25
1 x Steel Bench Block (V-BB44) £9.95
8 x Sterling Silver Round Beads 3mm (SRB3) £1.20
1 x Kumihimo Disk (KD603)£3.20
1 x Hasulith Jewellery Glue £2.95 (HASU-JG)
1 x Jump Ring £0.37 (K0002)
MATERIAL COST OF BRACELET - £4.45
Step by Step instructions;
- 1. Creating your plaited loop; cut four equal length threads. Gather all four threads, mark the centre point using a spare piece of thread and temporarily secure with a single knot.
- 2. Plait approx. 1 ½ inch down from your centre point, bend this over into a loop, by wrapping it around a pencil. You now have all eight threads that you need for your Kumihimo disk.
- 3. Push your eight threads through to the back of the disc leaving your pencil as a weight and anchor holding the plaited loop on the back of the disk.
- 4. Follow your Kumihimo Disk instructions.
- 5. To tie off your braid; remove all threads from the disk and secure the ends with a spare bit of thread. Take a piece of your waxed cotton and wrap the end, secure the two ends of the wrap with a small blob of jewellery glue. Knot the eight threads together to create one big knot (this will act as a clasp with the loop to secure the bracelet). Add beads for decoration and knot to secure.
- 6. Stamp your blanks. Use masking tape to secure your blank to the bench block. Use the tape as a guide to align your letters. Add optional gilding wax or liquid. Add a jump ring with the backs of your blanks against each other and attach to your braid.