Are you working with polymer clay? You are going to LOVE this JoolTool add-on set for shaping and polishing polymer clay; it will save you an incredible amount of time and work!
You have probably heard of the JoolTool system being used for polishing and shaping metal. One of the best features of the JoolTool (apart from how fast and easy it is to use!) is that you can see the surface you're working on, through the abrasive and polishing material, which gives you a fantastic control.
This set turns the JoolTool system into the ideal studio tool for a polymer clay artist. It has everything you need for shaping and polishing your favorite polymer clay pieces, from start to finish (apart from the JoolTool machine itself).
The set offers amazing shaping and polishing ability on flat as well as rounded/domed and curved pieces of polymer clay. This kit makes it a breeze to get your projects to showcase-quality finishes. No sanding, no water, no dripping gloss, no resin, no stress! No more hand filing or melting your pieces with old buffers...
You’ll stay clean, cool and safe with the JoolTool!
- The Microfinishing film consists of high-strength polyester film backing coated with premium, micron-graded mineral particles that are electrostatically oriented for greater cutting efficiency, and resin-bonded for increased durability. The 15 micron cuts fast and gives precise, consistent finishes.
- Then use the 9 micron microfinishing film; it is great for sanding and removing from polymer clay and plastics, and preparing for a high polish. This step leaves a very fine, uniform finish.
- The 3M™ Radial Bristle Brush is fantastic for cleaning up hard-to-reach areas and textures. Removes "fuzziness" and brings out a gentle shine.
- Follow up with the Felt Disc for a quick and easy polish.
- Finally, buff up a sparkly shine with the Fluffy Cotton Buffing Wheel.
Included in the set:
- 2x See-Thru™ Backpads (the hard baseplate you mount your abrasives on)
- 2 x 3M™ Cushion Pads (place between backpad and the Microfinishing film to enhance the performance - also used as padding when working with rounded and domed shapes)
- 3M™ Microfinishing Film™ Fine/15 Micron (For shaping polymer clay and plastics - replaces hand filing)
- 3M™ Microfinishing Film™ Very Fine/9 Micron (For finalizing shape and pre-polishing)
- 3M™ Radial Bristle Brush 3" Pumice/Pink - 4-ply thickness (FANTASTIC for cleaning up hard-to-reach areas and textures. Removes "fuzziness" and brings out a gentle shine)
- 1 x Jooltool See-Thru™ Felt Disc, already mounted onto a backpad (High quality felt from New Zealand wool for a professional polish)
- 1 x 3-inch “Fluffy” Cotton Buffing Wheel (Final step - high quality cotton buffing wheel produces a high luster shine)