Prometheus Troy Bronze Clay is a clay-like material which turns into pure, solid bronze when fired in a kiln. It is a mixture of micron sized bronze powder, water and organic binder. It can be formed by hand, rolled into a sheet or a rope. It can be moulded, textured, even turned on a potter's wheel. Prometheus Troy Bronze Clay can be fired with most lab-created gemstones (cubic zirconias), pre-tested natural stones, glass beads, ceramic and porcelain.
When the clay is fired in a kiln, the organic binder evaporates and burns away and you’re left with pure, solid bronze. Brush it, if needed pickle it to remove any fire-scale and finally polish.
You can create unique jewellery, ornaments, hollow ware, statutes, sculptures and many other decorative objects. Anything you create with Prometheus Troy Bronze Clay is a piece of art. Combine it with your imagination and let your fingers do the rest!
This clay only shrinks 5%!
HOW TO FIRE
Prometheus Troy Bronze Bronze clay has a 2-stage firing:
1. Place your dried piece(s) onto stainless steel mesh, and into a cold kiln
2. Wait for the kiln to heat up to 500°C/932°F and hold for 15 minutes
3. Once finished, remove the piece and leave to cool on a heatproof surface
4. Preheat your kiln to 850°C/1560°F
5. Pour 3cm of activated carbon into a steel container, and place pieces at least 1.5cm apart
6. Thoroughly cover with activated carbon, and place steel container inside the kiln
7. Wait for the kiln to heat back up to temperature, and fire for 1 hour
8. Once finished, remove the piece and leave to cool on a heatproof surface
Packet contains 10g with 3 syringe tips.
Did you know we stock embeddable bronze findings? 'Embeddable' means you can add them to your clay in the wet stage and fire all at once.