Introducing the very fabulous and super-usable Roll Maker Small Tentacle Maker Set!
Introductory sale price!
Our new Roll Maker is the ultimate tool to make textured snakes and coils in seconds, with any clay or putty - it doesn't just make tentacles, it also makes caterpillars, worms, ropes, unicorn horns, wires, tubes, and more! Once you get your hands on this we're sure you'll keep discovering things you can make with it.
Go one step further and shape the snakes into a whole new creation, such as ammonites and textured rings. There is also a XL version available here of this roller.
See Joy Funnell’s video below on the endless possibilities of the roll maker, and the amazing things she’s made using them. We can't wait to see what you all come up with!
How to use:
- On a separate surface, start by rolling your clay or putty into a rough snake shape with the smooth side of a plate. Keep an even thickness, or taper to one end if you want a pointed shape.
- If using metal clay, apply a little non-stick solution with a brush to both rolling plates you plan to use beforehand. Something like Cool Slip would work very well.
- If using crafting putty or polymer clay, you may need to wet the plates and your fingers with bit of water to reduce stickiness.
- Place pre-rolled snake onto the textured plate in your desired position, bearing in mind the direction of the texture (play around with different angles and directions to see what results you prefer).
- Snap a guide on the side or corner of the plate, then roll the snake with another plate using the guide to get an even texture. Mix and match rolling plates to create various textures - match texture and line direction for an even texture, or mix it up with smaller/larger lines and angles!
- Use a toothbrush after use to clear any residue if needed. Never use wire brushes or metal implements, as this could damage the texture.
The Roll Maker Small is compatible with the Roll Maker XL. Guide bars are stackable to allow you to make thicker pieces such us columns or trees.
This set includes:
- 2 x large line plates
- 2 x medium line plates
- 2 x small line plates
- 2 x guide bars. Clip at 90º or 45º angles.