CoolSlip - the non-stick spray for all metal clays! This was the first anti stick solution designed especially for metal clay, and we think it is still the best...
Most things that come into contact with wet metal clay need to be conditioned with an anti-stick product to keep the clay from sticking. Cool Slip was formulated to create a barrier between metal clay, textures and tools, ensuring clean, crisp images as you texturize your metal clay. A small spritz of the amazing CoolSlip will release metal clay superbly from most surfaces. Use as a spray or simply brush it on. Please note - only use a very light spritz to avoid over saturating and making your surfaces too slippery. If you apply too much - dab some off with kitchen roll or a towel. You only need a very light coat to stop your clay from sticking!
Here at Metal Clay HQ we love CoolSlip, and think it is the best anti-stick solution available for using on texture mats and sheets. You'll have crisper, sharper impressions without any gunk left from oils or balms.
Use CoolSlip to treat any rubber stamp or texture prior to impressing metal clay onto the surface.
- Mist the object or texture with CoolSlip, keep spray 8" from item, wait 15 seconds
- Impress or roll the clay onto the surface. The clay will release cleanly!
Use CoolSlip as an all purpose cleaning solution for brushes, texture, hands and other metal clay tools.
- Cool Slip sprayed on a cleaning cloth gives you a great cleaner for removing metal clay residue from tools - and it provides an anti-stick coating at the same time.
- This product also removes Gilders Paste from fingers!
General usage tips:
- Seal porous objects such as wood or shells with a sealer before using with metal clay. Before impressing the clay onto the sealed object, mist with CoolSlip.
- CoolSlip is designed to be used on objects as an anti-stick solution, but not the clay itself. It is not a wetting agent like water. If you want to rejuvenate or rehydrate your clay, or just keep the clay moist whilst working, the fabulous Hattie's Moisture Mist is exactly what you're after!
- CoolSlip is not designed for use on hands, while working with metal clay. To keep clay from sticking to hands, try ClayMate Hand Conditioner or Slik Balm. ClayMate is wonderful on hands but if you have very dry skin, try the silky smooth soy-based Slik Balm instead.
Non-toxic and non-reactive.
Contains 120 ml (4fl. oz). Bottle size: 12.5x5cm (5"x2")
Also available in a dinky little travel size, ideal for taking to classes! Click here for info.
Note: Hadar does not recommend using CoolSlip with Hadar's metal clay powder.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
I've tended to use Badger Balm in the past, but this spray has proved really useful for more intricate designs as the spray gets right down into all the nooks and crannies. I like that it's not greasy, but provides a good barrier.
it goes a long way and only needs a little amount to stop the metal clay from sticking. I used to use olive oil and it got everywhere! CoolSlip really does do what it says.
Brought this as a replacement of the one that came in the deluxe metal clay kit. 1 squirt goes a long way!
Really useful stuff! I find this much easier and less messy than similar products.
Lovely product does its job very well
I know I can use olive oil for a lot less but I do really like to use the Cool Slip when I am using texture tiles etc. I think it is a thinner consistency and so I find it works better than olive oil in this case, very useful to have on my work bench and a the bigger bottle lasts for ages.
works really well
works really well
I love this stuff! I had been using either Vaseline or olive oil, and never realised how much easier it could be! This spray is an essential bit of my kit now.