Accent Rose Gold is a real 18k rose coloured gold based product - use to apply layers of 18k rose-coloured gold accents on silver!
It can be used on pieces made from Art Clay silver, PMC fine, sterling, and flex clay; as well as traditional sheet and wire, cast and wrought sterling silver. Apply it as a paste, then dry, fire and finish!
For full detailed instructions, click here.
PLEASE NOTE: this product must be fired in a kiln, embedded in coconut based carbon. Accent Rose Gold can not be torch fired because oxidation will occur.
Tips for use:
- Before applying to the final piece, make (at least one!) small test piece to learn how best to fire and finish. All kilns are different so you may need to adjust firing temperature and time slightly to find what works best for you.
- If you apply in very narrow or deep textures you might struggle to burnish the gold to a shine it after firing. As 18k gold is harder than 24k and 22k gold, burnishing will require a bit more effort than burnishing higher-karat gold layers.
- Do not use liver of sulphur on Accent Rose Gold because it will cause discolouration. You can carefully paint liver of sulphur on surrounding regions of exposed silver, but keep it off the gold layer.
- Don't pickle your piece after firing! As copper would be removed from the fired layer it will cause discolouration.
- Do not forget to place the lid on the firing pan before inserting it into the kiln.
- Not suitable for torch firing!