NEW! Accent Rose Gold is a gold-based product used to apply layers of 18k rose-coloured gold accent to silver jewellery. It can be used on pieces made from Art Clay silver, PMC fine, sterling, and flex clay; and cast and wrought sterling silver. Apply it as a paste, then dry, fire and finish!
For full detailed instructions, click here.
PLEASE NOTE: this product has to be fired in a kiln, in coconut based carbon. Accent Rose Gold is not suitable for torch firing because oxidation will occur.
Tips for use:
- Use a small test piece, or pieces, to develop an acceptable method of both firing and finishing.
- may be challenging for use within narrow and deep textures because of the difficulty in burnishing it after firing
- Do not use liver of sulphur on Accent Rose Gold because it will cause discolouration. You can carefully paint liver of sulphur on surrounding regions of exposed silver, but keep it off the layer.
- Do not pickle your piece after firing because it will remove copper from the fired layer and cause discolouration.
- Do not forget to place the lid on the firing pan before inserting it into the kiln.
- Not suitable for torch firing