Silver Solder Paste Syringe
This assay quality solder paste is a blend of micro fine solder powder, flux and binder. The syringe makes soldering quick and easy, making it extremely convenient for getting small soldering jobs done in an instant - perfect for jump rings, in chain manufacture, on hollow items, attaching clasps and earring posts, repair work, and even larger repairs and soldering jobs.
The included tiny syringe needle allows you to use small amounts of solder paste at a time, so you can join small pieces parts together with little or no need to spend time and effort filing and polishing your jewellery pieces afterwards.
Flow point: 718°C (1325°F), Melt point: 671°C (1240°F)
How to use:
Remove the cap, press and twist the needle onto the syringe.
When the syringe isn’t in use, remove the needle, replace the tip cap on syringe and store together to prevent cross contamination between solders. Store syringe in a cool place.
Clean the needle after use. The needle can be unclogged with a fine wire, or using an ultrasonic cleaner.
How to solder:
1) First, clean the areas on each piece you wish to join, so they’re free of all oil, grease, polish etc.
2) Make sure the gap between each piece is as small as possible. The joint should be flat, smooth and free of burrs. The two pieces being soldered should touch, as paste solder will not fill large gaps.
3) Apply paste to the top of the joint. (To prevent excess flow of solder from the needle after applying solder to the joint, pull back on the hand plunger to relieve pressure.)
4) Apply heat to the piece away from the joint, moving the torch from side to side across the joint to avoid overheating the solder. Allow the metal of the piece to heat the paste solder - do not directly heat the paste solder. (This will cause the paste to “slump” and move away from the joint.) As binder “burns off” and the paste dries you will see the flux spread around the solder. Now move the flame in on the joint area continuing to move the torch from side to side.
5) Remove the flame immediately after solder flows.
6) Pickle with pickling compound to remove fire scale and finish the article as usual.
*Please note: The solder gives off fumes when heated - may be poisonous, irritate eyes, nose and throat. Use in well ventilated area, and wear respirator to avoid breathing in. Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
Includes 1/2 Troy ounce (approx 15.6g) in a 10CC syringe, with tip.
Cadmium and indium free.