Phos-Copper Solder Paste Syringe
This Phos-Copper solder paste is a blend of micro fine solder powder, flux and binder. The alloy has a slight brassy colour, making it great for use with copper, brass, bronze, and mixed metal jewellery e.g. silver to brass, and stainless steel to brass or gold. After melting and flowing the paste, the metal has a light reddish yellow colour. If you use it on brass it will look white, but if you use it on white metal it will look brassy.
The syringe makes soldering quick and easy, making it extremely convenient for getting small soldering jobs done in an instant - perfect for jump rings, in chain manufacture, on hollow items, attaching clasps and earring posts, repair work, and even larger repairs and soldering jobs.
The included tiny syringe needle allows you to use small amounts of solder paste at a time, so you can join small pieces parts together cleanly, saving you time and effort cleaning up your soldering joints after soldering.
Flow point: 718°C (1325°F)
How to use:
Remove the cap, press and twist the needle onto the syringe.
When the syringe isn’t in use, remove the needle, replace the tip cap on syringe and store together to prevent cross contamination between solders. Store syringe in a cool place.
Clean the needle after use. The needle can be unclogged with a fine wire, or using an ultrasonic cleaner.
How to solder:
1) First, clean the areas on each piece you wish to join, so they’re free of all oil, grease, polish etc.
2) Make sure the gap between each piece is as small as possible. The joint should be flat, smooth and free of burrs. The two pieces being soldered should touch, as paste solder will not fill large gaps.
3) Apply paste to the top of the joint. (To prevent excess flow of solder from the needle after applying solder to the joint, pull back on the hand plunger to relieve pressure.)
4) Apply heat to the piece away from the joint, moving the torch from side to side across the joint to avoid overheating the solder. Allow the metal of the piece to heat the paste solder - do not directly heat the paste solder. (This will cause the paste to “slump” and move away from the joint.) As binder “burns off” and the paste dries you will see the flux spread around the solder. Now move the flame in on the joint area continuing to move the torch from side to side.
5) Remove the flame immediately after solder flows.
6) Use pickling compound to remove fire scale and finish the piece as usual.
- 1/2 Troy ounce (approx 15.6g) in a syringe with tip.
- 1/4 Troy ounce (approx 7.8g) in a syringe with tip.
Cadmium and indium free.