Art Clay Silver Syringe - no tip - 10gm
Syringe type silver is a special formula of silver clay which allows you to extrude it from a syringe. It comes pre-packed in a syringe, using a special formula giving you a perfect smooth extrusion with no air bubbles or the extruded clay breaking.
Use Art Clay Silver syringe to:
- decorate your unfired silver clay with squiggles and lines - it makes beautiful leaves, twigs, and flowers!
- add little dotty decorations
- create bezels to set lab-created and other safe-to-fire stones before firing. Simply draw a little donut shape and then push your stone in.
- use without a tip and make clay "ropes" or snakes, which can be braided, shaped into bail loops, make chain loops, wrapped around a mandrel to make a ring, and more.
- as it is, on its own to make hollow filigree like designs. Simply create a core shape with an burnable material like wood clay and cover it with the syringe. When you fire the piece, the core will burn away and leave you with a hollow delicate piece.
Keep your syringes standing with the tip in a glass of water when you're not using them. Remember to put it back as soon as you stop extruding so the tip doesn't dry out.
When fired, the syringe shrinks about 10-12% which helps enhance fine details. It can be fired with a gas torch, on a gas hob, or in a kiln.
Adding tips lets you extrude fine, medium and large sized clay ropes/snakes. You can find optional syringe tips here.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Is very necessary and versatile.
I know this product and it is very necessary when working with metal clay .I love it.
Whether you are using it for embellishment, filling gaps or sticking fired and unfired pieces, this product is a must have. I start to panic when I start using my last one!