Really useful stuff! I find this much easier and less messy than similar products.
CoolSlip - the non-stick spray for all metal clays! This was the first anti stick solution designed especially for metal clay, and we think it is still the best...
Most things that come into contact with wet metal clay need to be conditioned with an anti-stick product to keep the clay from sticking. Cool Slip was formulated to create a barrier between metal clay, textures and tools, ensuring clean, crisp images as you texturize your metal clay. A small spritz of the amazing CoolSlip will release metal clay superbly from most surfaces. Use as a spray or simply brush it on. Please note - only use a very light spritz to avoid over saturating and making your surfaces too slippery. If you apply too much - dab some off with kitchen roll or a towel. You only need a very light coat to stop your clay from sticking!
Here at Metal Clay HQ we love CoolSlip, and think it is the best anti-stick solution available for using on texture mats and sheets. You'll have crisper, sharper impressions without any gunk left from oils or balms.
Use CoolSlip to treat any rubber stamp or texture prior to impressing metal clay onto the surface.
- Mist the object or texture with CoolSlip, keep spray 8" from item, wait 15 seconds
- Impress or roll the clay onto the surface. The clay will release cleanly!
Use CoolSlip as an all purpose cleaning solution for brushes, texture, hands and other metal clay tools.
- Cool Slip sprayed on a cleaning cloth gives you a great cleaner for removing metal clay residue from tools - and it provides an anti-stick coating at the same time.
- This product also removes Gilders Paste from fingers!
General usage tips:
- Seal porous objects such as wood or shells with a sealer before using with metal clay. Before impressing the clay onto the sealed object, mist with CoolSlip.
- CoolSlip is designed to be used on objects as an anti-stick solution, but not the clay itself. It is not a wetting agent like water. If you want to rejuvenate or rehydrate your clay, or just keep the clay moist whilst working, the fabulous Hattie's Moisture Mist is exactly what you're after!
- CoolSlip is not designed for use on hands, while working with metal clay. To keep clay from sticking to hands, try ClayMate Hand Conditioner or Slik Balm. ClayMate is wonderful on hands but if you have very dry skin, try the silky smooth soy-based Slik Balm instead.
Non-toxic and non-reactive.
Contains 120 ml (4fl. oz). Bottle size: 12.5x5cm (5"x2")
Also available in a dinky little travel size, ideal for taking to classes! Click here for info.
Note: Hadar does not recommend using CoolSlip with Hadar's metal clay powder.
Lovely product does its job very well
I know I can use olive oil for a lot less but I do really like to use the Cool Slip when I am using texture tiles etc. I think it is a thinner consistency and so I find it works better than olive oil in this case, very useful to have on my work bench and a the bigger bottle lasts for ages.
works really well
works really well
I love this stuff! I had been using either Vaseline or olive oil, and never realised how much easier it could be! This spray is an essential bit of my kit now.
Does what it's supposed to do. Highly recommended.
I've always used badger balm when using texture mats and things with my clay. It was ok but often found you could have too much or not enough and bits would stick. This though was brilliant. One spray on the texture mat then rolled the clay. Got a really crisp design on the clay and it came off with no stress and no cursing! Brilliant stuff. I'm a complete convert.
Does exactly what is says on the bottle, no more olive oil for me!
Why can't my frying pan be made of this stuff too?
This is great for texture sheets especially, as it leaves no residue and doesn't obscure any detail. I do agree with some of the other reviews that the spray head is not great in getting it where you want, but the tip about using your lid when needing a smaller amount is great. Spray in the lid, spread with your fingers, perfect! :-)
An excellent product to work with , everything release's easily
I first bought pen spray, great size for travel. But so glad I can get this size in uk now. Works with every clay I have come across, old through to new formula. I use this in combination with glove in a bottle. http://www.metalclay.co.uk/products/Gloves-In-A-Bottle-%252d-Small.html So nothing sticks to hands tools or textures. Best of all no stains to nails from copper or dark clays. Some of the balms are a little strong smelling, their fragrances cause headaches for me... But not with cool slip. Will recommend to all :)
Easy spray, covers a large area in one go if need be, otherwise just wipe away excess. Good tip from Viki to dip finger in lid to avoid using too much.
Tried this after using balm its a lot finer do it retains the detail. Only criticism is the spray spurts out far too much do I now spray it into the lid and dip my finger in it as needed
this is great stuff - much better than balms, as it goes on in a thinner layer, and avoids obscuring detail. Highly recommended!
Much better than badger balm, which does tend to stick in every crevice and obscure some of the finer detail. Remember to spray from a bit of a distance or you will get far too much on your surface where it will foam slightly - but nothing that can't be easily wiped off.