24K Gold Painting Powder for Silver - 1gm
This painting powder allows you to hand paint gold details and accents onto your silver pieces. This real gold can be used on fine silver and sterling silver pieces, simply paint it on with a paint brush and fire with a torch or kiln.
How to use:
- Mix the 24K gold painting powder with the included solution until a consistency similar to thin acrylic paint has been achieved.
- Paint onto a freshly fired piece of silver metal clay. If applying to sterling silver, it will need to be depletion gilded first.
- If applying to a fine silver piece that is already polished, reheat the piece using a torch for 1 - 2 minutes or fire in a kiln at 899°C for 10 minutes
- It is recommended that you apply two coats for the best results.
- Allow the paint to completely dry before firing. The dried paint is lighter in color than the wet paint, which is a helpful indicator of when it is dry.
- Fire with a torch for 1 – 2 minutes, or in a kiln at 899°C for 10 minutes.
- Once the piece has cooled, burnish the applied gold with a burnisher to bring out the gold shine.
- Any remaining painting powder that has been mixed with the solution can be left to dry out, scraped back into the jar and saved for future use.
Sold as a 1gm jar.
Contains recycled gold.