THE BONUS PACK IS BACK! Our most popular clay, with an additional whole 5gm extra.
Only available for a limited time, first come, first served!
Art Clay Silver has been around since 1995. Since its launch, there has been a few different types of Art Clay Silver, including Art Clay Original Formula, Art Clay 650, Art Clay Slow Tarnish, and Art Clay 650 Slow Dry. Aida has picked the best parts from their three most popular clays - easy moulding from the Original, slow drying from the Slow Dry, and a low firing temperature from the 650 range.
We think this might just be the ideal clay!
- It has a better workability and a longer working time (longer than Slow Dry!) than the current Art Clay Silver products.
- It retains and accepts moisture easier than the exisiting silver clay types, which means it is easier to keep supple and much easier to reconstitute if it dries.
- It has similar drying times (when applying heat).
- It carves and files easier in the dry stage than the existing formulas.
- Fire with kiln, torch, or gas stove. Using a kiln the recommended time and temperatures are 30 minutes at 650°C on a continuum to only 5 minutes at 800°C.
- Shrinkage 8-9%.
Art Clay Silver can be hallmarked as fine silver at any UK Assay Office.
Don't just listen to us - here is some feedback we've had from customers:
- The clay is definitely easy to manipulate if you are designing as you go.
- I bonded two pieces together beautifully, and only needed a little sanding.
- The clay is easy to sand
- I polished with the ‘sunshine’ cloth and was really amazed at the beautiful deep shine, it took me by surprise. The pieces also felt dense, and strong.
- With its ability to blend so well when pasted, this makes putting the 3D pieces together seamless. The clay seems to take longer to dry out which gives more time for creating a piece.
- It carved well.
- The clay has a lovely soft smooth texture
- No problems and no minor surface edge cracking!
- Collected all my sandings, drilling dust and tiny dried bits and reconstituted them. They came together really easily.
- It held its moisture much better than 650, original or slow dry.
- I think it will be much better for teaching with, due to the extra working time and as it seems less prone to minor surface cracking. Whilst I think it takes a little longer to dry I do not see that as a problem when teaching
- I attempted plenty of rolling out, cutting and then ‘scrunching’ up and re-rolling and didn’t observe any cracking, drying-out or the usual deterioration in the ‘condition’ of the clay that one would expect at that stage.
- It would be very ‘user friendly’ for beginners who do struggle with working fast enough to prevent the clay drying. I would be very supportive of any new material that would give beginners confidence to continue.
- When dry, it feels nice and velvety, not chalky.
- Mistakes and cracks are very easy to repair/fill with a wet brush and it goes smooth quickly and nicely.
I love working with Art Clay silver & to get it in a 50g pack is not only very practical, it’s also great value.
I’ve consistently had good results with this brand. It does dry quick, but can be softened with water. I torch fire and it’s quick and easy. Very happy with this product.
A great Art Clay Silver, easy to work with, great results,.
Love this silver clay, and the bonus packs make it even better value.
Reliable trustworthy source
Easy to find the products you need from the site, simple to place an order, and great to get the extra +5gms with this pack. I find Art Clay Silver really straightforward to work with, it's the brand I prefer, and as I sell my pieces, it's the most cost effective size for me to buy too.
This clay is one of the easiest to work with. Very happy with the results. Yes, it is expensive but only to be expected as it is silver & the 5g bonus might not seem a lot but it is a nice bonus when you make lots of jewellery & buy regular amounts of silver clay.
I love Art Clay, it's easy to use and doesn't dry out too quickly. It can be rehydrated easily with a little patience if needed. I also love Metal Clay Ltd, their service is impeccable and super fast.
Excellent product and very fast delivery, would definitely order again!