THE BONUS PACK IS BACK! Our most popular clay, with an additional whole 5gm extra.
Only available for a short period, first come, first served!
Art Clay Silver has been around since 1995. Since its launch, there has been a few different types of Art Clay Silver, including Art Clay Original Formula, Art Clay 650, Art Clay Slow Tarnish, and Art Clay 650 Slow Dry. Aida has picked the best parts from their three most popular clays - easy moulding from the Original, slow drying from the Slow Dry, and a low firing temperature from the 650 range.
We think this might just be the ideal clay!
- It has a better workability and a longer working time (longer than Slow Dry!) than the current Art Clay Silver products.
- It retains and accepts moisture easier than the exisiting silver clay types, which means it is easier to keep supple and much easier to reconstitute if it dries.
- It has similar drying times (when applying heat).
- It carves and files easier in the dry stage than the existing formulas.
- Fire with kiln, torch, or gas stove. Using a kiln the recommended time and temperatures are 30 minutes at 650°C on a continuum to only 5 minutes at 800°C.
- Shrinkage 8-9%.
The clay can be hallmarked as fine silver at any UK Assay Office.
Don't just listen to us - here is some feedback we've had from customers:
- The clay is definitely easy to manipulate if you are designing as you go.
- I bonded two pieces together beautifully, and only needed a little sanding.
- The clay is easy to sand
- I polished with the ‘sunshine’ cloth and was really amazed at the beautiful deep shine, it took me by surprise. The pieces also felt dense, and strong.
- With its ability to blend so well when pasted, this makes putting the 3D pieces together seamless. The clay seems to take longer to dry out which gives more time for creating a piece.
- It carved well.
- The clay has a lovely soft smooth texture
- No problems and no minor surface edge cracking!
- Collected all my sandings, drilling dust and tiny dried bits and reconstituted them. They came together really easily.
- It held its moisture much better than 650, original or slow dry.
- I think it will be much better for teaching with, due to the extra working time and as it seems less prone to minor surface cracking. Whilst I think it takes a little longer to dry I do not see that as a problem when teaching
- I attempted plenty of rolling out, cutting and then ‘scrunching’ up and re-rolling and didn’t observe any cracking, drying-out or the usual deterioration in the ‘condition’ of the clay that one would expect at that stage.
- It would be very ‘user friendly’ for beginners who do struggle with working fast enough to prevent the clay drying. I would be very supportive of any new material that would give beginners confidence to continue.
- When dry, it feels nice and velvety, not chalky.
- Mistakes and cracks are very easy to repair/fill with a wet brush and it goes smooth quickly and nicely.
I have used this for years - it is brilliant stuff and the bonus pack is a real bonus indeed!
This is a great medium and brand and is consistently great to work with and results. Also with the added extra free grams makes it even better
What's not to like about this brilliant product that turns into such beautiful silver items with just a bit of planning and creativity? I almost don't want to share the secret about how versatile this is, but I will because kids, it's not for you, it's for grown ups!
I really enjoy working with metal clay its easy to use and if you are not happy with what you have made you can leave the dry clay in a little bit of water overnight and reuse again. The fired silver if textured looks lovely burnished.
I bought the 50g plus bonus free 5g. Ordering was very straightforward and delivery very quick. I’ve been using the clay to make pendants and am extremely happy with the quality of the product. I will be purchasing this again soon!
As always my order was posted super quickly & well wrapped. I always buy my silver clay from metal clay ltd
Always buy my silver clay from metal clay ltd as its posted out so quickly after ordering. Its well packaged & friendly helpful staff
I absolutely love this Metal Clay! Versatile and doesn't dry out too quickly. Fast service as always from the team. Thank you!
I love working with this clay.