Foredom's most popular SR motor - now with a Woodcarving Kit!
Everything you need to get started in woodwork - carving, shaping, sanding, de-burring and engraving.
Foredom is the world leading manufacturer of flexshafts. This SR pendant hanging motor with a flexshaft is the most popular flex shaft of all. It's the ideal choice for grinding, deburring, carving, sanding, cleaning, buffing, and polishing on virtually every type of material.
The SR is Foredom's most popular flex shaft model, here teamed up with a foot operated speed control and a woodcarving accessory kit.
It comes with a collet style handpiece which is popular among woodcarvers, as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4″. It comes with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work.
This motor and speed combination is CE compliant and meets all electrical and safety requirements. This is a 230 V version with a three pin fused UK plug.Why is the label red rather than blue - is this a fake?!
No, the label is red to show it is a UK 230 voltage motor, rather than a US voltage.
Any Foredom hanging motor you buy in Europe SHOULD have a red label. If it is blue it is designed for 110V.
Woodcarving kit includes:
- Foredom SR Pendant Hang-Up Motor
- C.EMH-21 Table Top Speed Control
- H.44T Handpiece
- 27 piece accessory kit (AKWK53) including many unique items to Foredom
- Fur, Feathers and Fins DVD Set - in-depth instructional videos for beginner woodcarvers as well as detailed tips for more advanced power woodcarvers. The DVDs show step-by-step involved in bringing simple blocks of tupelo wood to life. In over 3 hours of video material, Frank walks you through the set up of his work space, the tools he uses, safety concerns and lots more. He covers in great detail the carving of 3 different animal projects: A Cotton Tail Rabbit, Mallard Drake Duck, and Small Mouth Bass.
Foredom's SR motor is a 1/6 horsepower, universal, flexible shaft machine. It runs in forward and reverse rotation, up to 18,000 RPM. The Foredom SR Motor combines power, reversibility, reliability, and versatility - all in one motor. It has a bale for hanging, and a 39" long key-tip shaft for connecting to any of Foredom's quick switch hand pieces.
Advantages of being able to run your motor in reverse:
- Left handed users have more control of the cutting tool
- Reverse helps to keep dust and other debris flying away from right handed users
- Alternating motor direction helps to extend the life of certain abrasives
- Reverse helps with accomplishing symmetrical grinding and carving techniques
- Reverse makes it easier to back out stuck drill bits
- Alternating motor direction makes it easier and faster to polish metals
The C.EMH-21 table top speed control is built in heavy duty plastic with solid state electronics. It has a dial control giving you precise speed settings, and making it easy to repeat previous settings - some people mark up the dial with their preferred settings.
The H.44T collet style handpiece is popular among woodcarvers as it lets you use larger accessories. It can take shank diameters up to 6.35mm (1/4″). It comes with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work. The H.44T is a key tip compatible handpiece. Has prelubricated ball bearings that require no additional lubrication.
AKWK53 Accessory Kit, this is a 27 piece assortment with a mixture of 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ shank accessories. For instance; Scotch-Brite Radial Bristle Discs, Ceramic Purple Sanding Bands and Discs, Typhoon Burs, V Stones, CeramCut Blue Stones, and more.
*Please note: Foredom reserves the right to make substitutions with comparable accessories when necessary so what is shown in the picture might not be exactly what is in the kit, just a representation of what is included.*
Fur, Feathers, and Fins: 3 disc DVD set with in-depth instruction for beginning woodcarvers as well as detailed tips for more advanced power woodcarvers who want to enhance their technique. Filmed at the Vermont studio of renowned carver, Frank Russell, Fur, Feathers, & Fins shows the many steps involved in bringing simple blocks of tupelo wood to life. In over 3 hours of video material, Frank walks you through the set up of his work space, the tools he uses, safety concerns and lots more. He covers in great detail the carving of 3 different animal projects: A Cotton Tail Rabbit, Mallard Drake Duck, and Small Mouth Bass. Frank’s congenial manner and accomplished teaching style lend to the enjoyment of learning to carve. These DVDs are currently formatted only for viewing in the US, Canada and US Territories, but can be watched on computers without problems.