Foredom's most popular SR motor as a Woodcarving Kit with a bench style motor
The motor you need to get started in woodwork - use the Foredom motor for carving, shaping, sanding, de-burring, engraving and polishing.
Foredom is the world leading manufacturer of flexshafts. This SR motor is their most popular motor, and this bench style version is great for woodworkers. It's the ideal choice for grinding, deburring, carving, sanding, cleaning, buffing, and polishing on virtually every type of material.
It comes with a collet style handpiece, the H.44T handpiece. This is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4″. It comes with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work.
This motor and speed combination is CE compliant and meets all electrical and safety requirements. This is a 230 V version with a three pin fused UK plug.
Why is the label red rather than blue - is this a fake?!
No, the label is red to show it is a UK 230 voltage motor, rather than a US voltage.
Any Foredom hanging motor you buy in Europe SHOULD have a red label. If it is blue it is designed for 110V.
WHAT IS IN THE KIT
- M.SRM Motor - This bench style version of Foredom’s 1/6 HP Series SR motor has an integrated dial speed control built into its cast-iron base for manual speed adjustment and easy placement anywhere on the workbench. It runs in forward and reverse rotation at speeds up to 18,000 RPM. The M.SRM combines power, reversibility, reliability, and versatility all into one motor. It comes equipped with a standard 39″ long key tip inner shaft and outer sheath for connecting to any of Foredom’s key tip compatible handpieces.
- Built-in Speed Control dial is used to adjust and set speed. This manual style control allows you to maintain and return to a desired speed, time and again, by using the motor on/off switch rather than the speed control to power up the unit.
- H.44T Handpiece. This collet style handpiece is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4″. It comes with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work. The H.44T is a key tip compatible handpiece.
- AKWK50 Accessory Kit 12-pc. assortment with Typhoon and other carving burs (please note bits included may differ to what is shown on the picture)
- Fur, Feathers, and Fins 3 disc DVD set with in-depth instruction for beginning woodcarvers as well as detailed tips for more advanced power woodcarvers who want to enhance their technique. Filmed at the Vermont studio of renowned carver, Frank Russell, Fur, Feathers, & Fins shows the many steps involved in bringing simple blocks of tupelo wood to life. In over 3 hours of video material, Frank walks you through the set up of his work space, the tools he uses, safety concerns and lots more. He covers in great detail the carving of 3 different animal projects: A Cotton Tail Rabbit, Mallard Drake Duck, and Small Mouth Bass. Frank’s congenial manner and accomplished teaching style lend to the enjoyment of learning to carve. These DVDs are currently formatted only for viewing in the US, Canada and US Territories. Foredom is in the process of having them formatted for international viewing.
- Flexible shaft grease.
M.SR Motor: The 1/6 hp, ball bearing Series SR has 33% more power than our older 1/8 hp motors, and 66% more than our original 1/10 hp models. The added power helps to reduce stalling or slowing down under normal workloads. Advantages of Running in Reverse: Left handed users have more control of the cutting tool Reverse helps to keep dust and other debris flying away from right handed users Alternating motor direction helps to extend the life of certain abrasives Reverse helps with accomplishing symmetrical grinding and carving techniques Reverse makes it easier to back out stuck drill bits Alternating motor direction makes it easier and faster to polish metal
In the past Foredom packed a Carving Manual in all their woodcarving power tool kits. Hard copies of the manual are no longer available, however, a digital version is available by clicking on link below. The Manual offers step-by-step instruction for three carving projects: a spoon, a Canvasback Duck, and a Hummingbird Pin.
Motor with Built-in Speed Control carries a 2-Year Limited Warranty. Please note that shafts and sheaths are not covered by warranty.