Add this to your existing JoolTool System for removing scratches and marks and giving a high mirror polish on glass watch crystals*, dichroic glass*, and glass beads. Good for light bevelling on dichroic glass.
If you work mainly with mineral crystals, and/or glass fusing and enamels, look at this specialised Glass and Enamel kit instead.
Use the coloured Trizact Abrasive discs to shape,bevel, remove scratches, pre-polish, and fine hone, then move on to the white Cerium Oxide disc to finish to a mirror-like polish.
Included in the set:
- 5 x See-thru™ Backpads (the hard baseplate you mount your abrasive on)
- 5 x 3M™ Bumpon™ Cushion Pads (place between backpad and abrasives to enhance the performance - also used as padding when working with rounded and domed shapes)
- 1 x 3M Trizact Abrasive 35 Micron/400 grit
- 1 x 3M Trizact Abrasive 20 Micron/500 grit
- 1 x 3M Trizact Abrasive 10 Micron/1500 grit
- 1 x 3M Trizact Abrasive 5 Micron/3000 grit
- 1 x 3M Cerium Oxide Abrasive for final high-polish (0.25 Micron grade)
*This kit isn’t suitable for sapphire crystal.
What are 3M Trizact Abrasives?
The best consistent honing abrasives on the market, leaving a high-polished finish. They start sharp and stay sharp throughout their long life. Produced using 3M’s microreplication technology, the surface is covered in micro engineered micro-pyramids which deliver fast, consistent cutting action. As the tops of the pyramids wear away, they continually expose fresh abrasive, always giving you consistent results from start to finish through their long life.
What are 3M Trizact Abrasives good for?
AUTOMOTIVE applications: Perfect for sharpening any high-speed steel machining/cutting tools. Get crisp edges on valve seats and stems, hone small parts of almost any shape.
JEWELLERY applications: Fantastic results on jewellery. Performs better than emery paper and fills porosity. Also works great on acrylics, resins, and plastics, and for glass defect repair.
WOODWORKING applications: Perfect for high-speed steels, it allows sharpening of a wide array of woodcarving & turning tools and knives. Fine hone and maintain the tips & edges of flat chisels, drill bits, counter sinks, fluted end mills, etc.
*In the US, this set is sold as “JoolTool Glass Watch crystal polishing add-on kit”