The perfect size & quantity for workshop projects. You can make two wee pendant shapes or one larger one. I ALWAYS get happy feedback from delighted clients. Metal Clay Ltd. Always post out quickly and even though I can't get next day courier delivery up here (Argyll) the Royal Mail does a good job with 'Silver Service'.
Clay Silver has been around since 1995. Since its launch, there has been a few different types of Art Clay Silver, including Art Clay Original Formula, Art Clay 650, Art Clay Slow Tarnish, and Art Clay 650 Slow Dry. We are really excited to announce a brand new formula clay!
Aida has picked the best parts from their three most popular clays - easy molding from the Original, slow drying from the Slow Dry, and a low firing temperature from the 650 range.
We think this might just be the ideal clay!
- It has a better workability and a longer working time (longer than Slow Dry!) than the current Art Clay Silver products.
- It retains and accepts moisture easier than the exisiting silver clay types, which means it is easier to keep supple and much easier to reconstitute if it dries.
- It has similar drying times (when applying heat).
- It carves and files easier in the dry stage than the existing formulas.
- Fire with kiln, torch, or gas stove. Using a kiln the recommended time and temperatures are 30 minutes at 650°C on a continuum to only 5 minutes at 800°C.
- Shrinkage 8-9%.
The clay can be hallmarked as fine silver at any UK Assay Office.
Don't just listen to us - here is some feedback we've had from testers:
- The clay is definitely easy to manipulate if you are designing as you go.
- I bonded to pieces together beautifully, and only needed a little sanding.
- The clay is easier to sand
- I polished with the ‘sunshine’ cloth and was really amazed at the beautiful deep shine, it took me by surprise. The pieces also felt dense, and strong.
- With its ability to blend so well when pasted, this makes putting the 3D pieces together seamless. The clay seems to take longer to dry out which gives more time for creating a piece.
- It carved well.
- The clay has a lovely soft smooth texture and works for much longer than the existing 650.
- No problems and no minor surface edge cracking!
- Collected all my sandings, drilling dust and tiny dried bits and reconstituted them. They came together really easily.
- It held its moisture much better than 650, original or slow dry.
- I think it will be much better for teaching with, due to the extra working time and as it seems less prone to minor surface cracking. Whilst I think it takes a little longer to dry I do not see that as a problem when teaching.
- I will certainly buy this clay in preference to the existing 650 or original. I love it!! :)
- A pleasant surprise. I found the clay to be slightly more yielding, moister and yet less ‘sticky’ than the original 650 formula.
- I usually prefer the working texture of 650 to that of the Slow Dry Formula, but have to say that this new formula offered the best of both worlds - staying supple for longer.
- I attempted plenty of rolling out, cutting and then ‘scrunching’ up and re-rolling and didn’t observe any cracking, drying-out or the usual deterioration in the ‘condition’ of the clay that one would expect at that stage.
- It would be very ‘user friendly’ for beginners who do struggle with working fast enough to prevent the clay drying. I would be very supportive of any new material that would give beginners confidence to continue.
- When dry, it feels nice and velvety, not chalky.
- Mistakes and cracks are very easy to repair/fill with a wet brush and it goes smooth quickly and nicely.
- It was a pleasure to work with and I much prefer it to the slow dry variety. In fact, I think I even prefer it to the 650 one which I use normally.
Great clay. 10gr is the ideal size for beginners classes.
I ordered this to take on a course run by the WI at Denman College near Oxford. I produced charms for bracelets and pendants and found it very easy to work with. The finished items look very professional and shine beautifully.
Good value for classes. So reliable with great results.
A lovely quantity for students to use in a one day workshop and torch firable too.... perfect!
My favourite clay for teaching students, it's easy to work with in the clay and dry stages and fires easily and reliably giving a beautiful result. What's not to like!