The 100% natural and Organic Badger Balm is a wonderful cream which we can not be without.
Use it as a release agent on your texture sheets and rubber stamps to stop them from sticking to your clay. And don't forget to slather it on your skin at the same time, and get rewarded with softer skin!
Use with metal clay:
- Warm up a small amount between your fingertips and spread over your texture.
- Rub some on your hands before you work with the clay to stop your skin from drying out the clay.
Use on skin:
- Apply a good amount around and under your nails when working with base metal clay to stop them staining your skin and nails - bonus: super-soft cuticles!
- Use as a lipbalm.
- Safe for use with pets - great for dry dog paws or itchy skin.
- And, why not use it on your dry elbows, skin, nails, and feet too?! It is the gentlest, smoothest, healing skin soother you can find. Badger Balm will soothe any parched and thirsty skin.
- Ultra-rich, ultra-moisturising balm that smooths and softens the most chapped, cracked, rough, or weathered skin.
- Gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin.
- Smells great with the light scent of wintergreen.
- Free of artificial ingredients, fragrances, dyes, parabens, GMOs, synthetics, or harsh ingredients.
- All Badger balms are USDA Certified Organic and petrolatum-free.
We recommend you get a separate pot for your skin, to avoid contamination from your metal clay work.
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Castor Oil, Organic Aloe Vera and Organic Wintergreen Oil. Perfect for sensitive skin... and metal clay.
2oz/56g. Also available in a smaller size - click here!
This product has a 12 month shelf life once opened.
'The Story of Badger Balm' by Badger Bill (the founder of the Badger Company).
"Back in the winter of 1993, I was a carpenter with dry hands and cracked fingertips. I spent much of my time banging nails outside in some pretty harsh conditions. I also loved working with herbs and natural remedies. This turned out to be a fortunate coincidence. As fate would have it, I went into my kitchen and made up a batch of what later became Badger Balm. It worked on my fingers and a business was born...
I was going to call that first product "Bear Paw,” but the name was already taken! At first, I was disappointed. Then the name "Badger" came to me, as if in a dream, and I knew it was the right choice. The Badger is a healing totem, the root gatherer with a deep knowledge of the secrets of the root and herb kingdoms; fierce, effective in defense of the self and family, and persistent in overcoming obstacles, successfully seeing projects through to the end.
Badger Balm has been to the South Pole on the hands and feet of explorers on skis; it has soothed the fingers of trapeze artists and rock climbers; it has been a staple for river rafters, sled doggers, and weight lifters for years.
And what it does for them it can do for you! The key to this super soothing balm is in the ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Beeswax. They are rich in natural ferments, enzymes, vitamin E, and essential fatty acids, which leave your skin feeling silky smooth. Funny thing is this simple combination of oil and wax is gentle enough for problem skin yet tough and effective enough for rough weathered skin anywhere on the body. Rub It In. Use It Regularly. Expect Results.