Foredom's most popular SR motor and the quick-change H.20 handpiece in a great kit.
The perfect motor for a jewellery maker - speed up grinding, deburring, carving, sanding, cleaning, buffing, and polishing.
Includes a SR pendant motor and flexshaft, speed control, and the easy to use H.20 handpiece which has a quick release function, just twist the lever and swap burrs and bits in no time.
95% of our jewellery makers should get an SR. This is the best all-round option for jewellers, it is the most popular motor with the power and speed needed for most jobs without stalling or slowing down while under normal load.
If the main reason for looking at a Foredom is stone setting or engraving, or you would mainly be using a hammer handpiece, the much slower LX (or the even slower Powergraver) might be better for you. But here at Metal Clay HQ our recommendation for the majority of jewellery makers would be the SR motor.
Benefits of the SR motor;
- 1/6 HP
- Fast with speeds of 500 - 18,000 RPM
- Run in both forward and reverse - handy for symmetry, left-hand users, and maximising the lifespan out of many rotary accessories.
- Universal ball bearing motor.
Foredom is the leading manufacturer of flexible shaft tools within the jewellery making industry, setting the standard in quality, power and performance.
- Series SR Motor: 230 Volt CE Compliant Kit includes Foredom's most popular and best motor for general use. The 1/6 HP, ball bearing, hang-up SR motor runs in forward and reverse at speeds up to 18,000 RPM. It comes equipped with a bale for hanging, and the standard 39" long key tip inner shafting for connecting to any of Foredom's interchangeable handpieces.
- Q - Why is the label red rather than blue - is this a fake?!
- A - No, the label is red to show it is a UK 230 voltage motor, rather than a US voltage. Any Foredom hanging motor you buy in Europe SHOULD have a red label. If it is blue it is designed for 110V (or possibly even a fake replica brand of dubious quality)!
- Varied speed foot pedal C.FCH-2: Foredom's favourite foot operated speed control. Heavy duty plastic housing with an extra wide design.
- Handpiece H.20: Foredom's fabulous "quick change" handpiece is for exclusive use with 3/32" shank accessories and bits. If you like swapping between your drills, polishing bits, and mandrels, this handpiece lets you do that with the flick of a switch. It has a moulded plastic front grip with tapered sides for easy handling, ideal for small work. It has pre-lubricated ball bearings that do not require lubrication.
- Flexible Shaft Grease
Two year limited warranty on motor and foot speed control.