Foredom's most popular SR motor and the quick-change H.20 handpiece in a great kit.
Everything a jewellery maker need to get to work grinding, deburring, carving, sanding, cleaning, buffing, and polishing on virtually every type of material. Includes a motor, speed control, handpiece and accessories in one pre-packaged, convenient kit with the easy to use H.20 handpiece.
95% of our jewellery makers should get an SR. This is the best all-round option for jewellers, it is the most popular motor with the power and speed needed for most jobs without stalling or slowing down while under normal load.
If the main reason for looking at a Foredom is stone setting or engraving, or you would mainly be using a hammer handpiece, the much slower LX (or the even slower Powergraver) might be better for you. But here at Metal Clay HQ our recommendation for the majority of jewellery makers would be the SR motor.
Benefits of the SR motor;
- 1/6 HP
- Fast with speeds of 500 - 18,000 RPM
- Run in both forward and reverse - handy for symmetry, left-hand users, and maximising the lifespan out of many rotary accessories.
- Universal ball bearing motor.
Foredom is the leading manufacturer of flexible shaft tools within the jewellery making industry, setting the standard in quality, power and performance.
- Series SR Motor: 230 Volt CE Compliant Kit includes Foredom's most popular and best motor for general use. The 1/6 HP, ball bearing, hang-up SR motor runs in forward and reverse at speeds up to 18,000 RPM. It comes equipped with a bale for hanging, and the standard 39" long key tip inner shafting for connecting to any of Foredom's interchangeable handpieces.
- Q - Why is the label red rather than blue - is this a fake?!
- A - No, the label is red to show it is a UK 230 voltage motor, rather than a US voltage. Any Foredom hanging motor you buy in Europe SHOULD have a red label. If it is blue it is designed for 110V (or possibly even a fake replica brand of dubious quality)!
- Varied speed foot pedal C.FCT-21CE: This is the CE compliant version of Foredom's favourite foot operated speed control. It has solid state electronics and comes in a heavy duty plastic housing with an extra wide design.
- Handpiece H.20: Foredom's fabulous "quick change" handpiece is for exclusive use with 3/32" shank accessories and bits. If you like swapping between your drills, polishing bits, and mandrels, this handpiece lets you do that with the flick of a switch. It has a moulded plastic front grip with tapered sides for easy handling, ideal for small work. It has pre-lubricated ball bearings that do not require lubrication.
- Accessory Kit: A 42 piece assortment of metal working accessories including various shapes, sizes and grits of Satin Finishers, Bristle and Brass Cup, Wheel & End Brushes, Scotch-BriteTM Radial Bristle Discs, High Speed Steel Fluted Engraving Burs, Rubber Bonded Abrasive Wheel and Disc, Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands, Screw and Rubber Drum Mandrels, V Stone and Unitised Points, and Platinum White Polishing Compound. *Please note: Foredom reserves the right to make substitutions with comparable accessories when necessary.*
- Rotating Bur Holder
- Flexible Shaft Grease
What's included in the accessory kit; (Foredom reserve the right to substitute comparable accessories when needed):
- A-10081 1 Rotating Bur Holder 3/32" w/cup
- A-40061 1 Platinum White, 1" Tube
- A-4516 6 Radial Bristle Disc, 3/4" dia., Pink, Pumice (1,200 Grit), Pack of 6
- A-4912 3 Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands, 1/4" x 1/2", 60 grit
- A-4913 3 Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands, 1/4" x 1/2", 80 grit
- A-4914 3 Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands, 1/4" x 1/2", 120 grit
- A-4916 3 Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands, 1/4" x 1/2", 220 grit
- A-5517 1 Satin Finish ScotchBrite, Red, Fine, 7/8" dia. x 1/4" thick, Mounted with 3/32" Shank
- A-5524 1 Satin Finish ScotchBrite, Tan, Coarse, 7/8" dia. x 1/4" thick, Mounted with 3/32" Shank
- A-A1C 1 Rubber Bonded Abrasive, Brown, Wheel, 7/8" dia. x 1/8" thick with 1/16" Arbor Hole, Coarse, 40-60 Grit
- A-A1M 1 Rubber Bonded Abrasive Wheel, 7/8" x 1/8", 120 grit (black)
- A-A1F 1 Rubber Bonded Abrasive Wheel, 7/8" x 1/8", 180 grit (green)
- A-CW556 1 CW Polishing Wheel, Orange, 7/8" x 1/8", 500 grit,
- A-CW557 1 CW Polishing Wheel, Gray, 7/8" x 1/8", 1000 grit,
- A-CW558 1 CW Polishing Wheel, White, 7/8" x 1/8", 1500 grit,
- A-D2 1 CUT-OFF DISC, 1-1/4" Fiberglass
- A-FB4-I 1 FELT BUFF, Unmounted 5/8"
- A-M1 1 Mandrel, 3/32" shank & 1/16" arbor hole
- A-M13 1 Mandrel, LGE HD. 3/32 X 1/16
- A-MB1 1 Mounted Brush, Cup, Bristle, 3/32" shank
- A-MB2 1 Mounted Brush, Wheel, Bristle Stiff, 3/32" shank
- A-MB3 1 Mounted Brush, End, Bristle, 3/32" shank
- A-MB4 1 Mounted Brush, End, Brass, 3/32" shank
- A-MB6 1 Mounted Brush, Wheel, Brass, 3/32" shank
A-P3 1 High Speed Vanadium Steel Fluted Engraving Bur, 3/32" shank
A-P7 1 High Speed Vanadium Steel Fluted Engraving Bur, 3/32" shank
- A-P3 1 High Speed Vanadium Steel Fluted Engraving Bur, 3/32" shank
- A-P7 1 High Speed Vanadium Steel Fluted Engraving Bur, 3/32" shank
- A-R2 1 High Speed Vanadium Steel Fluted Engraving Bur, 3/32" shank
- A-R7 1 High Speed Vanadium Steel Fluted Engraving Bur, 3/32" shank
A-SD324 1 Rubber Sanding Drum Mandrel, 1/4" x 1/2", 3/32" shank
A-V357 1 V Stone Point, Cylinder, 1/4" dia. x 1/2" long with 3/32" shank, 80 Grit
- A-SD324 1 Rubber Sanding Drum Mandrel, 1/4" x 1/2", 3/32" shank
- A-V357 1 V Stone Point, Cylinder, 1/4" dia. x 1/2" long with 3/32" shank, 80 Grit
Two year limited warranty on motor and foot speed control.
Brilliant service from MetalClay, despatch and delivery was very fast. Foredom motor is absolutely great, and much quieter than dremel. It's so easy to hold, I wish I'd bought one sooner! Definitely recommend the quick release handpiece, and the set with the carousel is a useful addition.