Art Clay Silver Syringe - 3 tips - 10gm
Syringe type silver is a special formula of silver clay which allows you to extrude it from a syringe. It comes pre-packed in a syringe, using a special formula giving you a perfect smooth extrusion with no air bubbles or the extruded clay breaking.
Use Art Clay Silver syringe to:
- decorate your unfired silver clay with squiggles and lines - it makes beautiful leaves, twigs, and flowers!
- add little dotty decorations
- create bezels to set lab-created and other safe-to-fire stones before firing. Simply draw a little donut shape and then push your stone in.
- use without a tip and make clay "ropes" or snakes, which can be braided, shaped into bail loops, make chain loops, wrapped around a mandrel to make a ring, and more.
- as it is, on its own to make hollow filigree like designs. Simply create a core shape with an burnable material like wood clay and cover it with the syringe. When you fire the piece, the core will burn away and leave you with a hollow delicate piece.
Keep your syringe standing with the tip in a glass of water when you're not using it. Put it back as soon as you stop extruding so the tip doesn't dry out.
When fired, the syringe shrinks about 10-12% which helps enhance fine details. It can be fired with a gas torch, on a gas hob, or in a kiln.
- Blue - narrow
- Green - medium
- Grey - wide
Different tips lets you extrude fine, medium and large sized clay ropes/snakes. You can find replacement syringe tips here.
Having used this product before, I can say it's always good. I'm about to embark on Grade 3 towards a Diploma, I hope!