Foredom Brushless Micromotor Kit - high speed and high torque - choose which handpiece collet size you want - 2.35mm or 3.17mm collet size.
This is one of Foredom's top of the range micro motor kits. It is a high torque and high speed micromotor. A top speed of 50,000 RPM gives you a fast and smooth cut.
It has a dual port so can take two handpieces. One comfortable brushless handpiece is included in the kit.
No matter what speed you run it at, this unit is virtually noise and vibration free. Set the speed you want and use the foot pedal for turning the motor on and off - ideal for when you are using burrs and bits that that need a slower speed (like the Typhoon burrs for instance). Control the speed and your tools will last longer!
The simple cord connection between the hand piece motor and control box is a great advantage. The hand piece is very comfortable in the hand, and the lightweight and flexible cord means less strain when being used for longer periods. Compared to a normal flexshaft you get a lot less 'drag' and don't have the same general restriction in manoeuvrability; micro-motors offer much greater freedom of movement.
The totally sealed handpiece units keep dust and dirt out so they last longer.
This micromotor kit is available in two kit-types - the only difference is the collet pre-mounted in the handpiece:
Note - you can purchase a collet separately and change yourself if you later want to use the other size.
The high-speed brushless rotary handpiece included connects to port in the back of the control box. It runs virtually vibration free with high torque throughout the entire speed range of 1,000-50,000 rpm.
- Control box with digital display
- Variable speed foot pedal
- Two handpiece cradles (one freestanding, and one on the side of control box)
- Two year limited warranty
- Brushless motor design means carbon brushes NEVER need changing
- Maximum torque or watts output 10oz. in or 70mNm or 230W.
- Powerful even at minimum speeds
- Sealed housing eliminates dust, noise, and vibration
- Comes with an additional port for connecting an optional second brush type handpiece
This brushless micromotor is ideal for various applications at high, medium and low speed.
- High Speed Applications
- Running at high speed, it provides smooth, clean, and sharp detailing in metal and wood. It’s also great for bright-cutting, grinding, finishing, texturing, and polishing.
- Medium Speed Applications
- At medium speeds it is ideal for effortless and fast stock removal in wood, diestone, or acrylics.
- Low Speed Applications
- The low end offers extra control and power for stone setting, bezel closing, texturing, and milling.
Control Box Specification (HP4-817-2)
- LED Display
- Two ports for handpieces:
- Brushless handpiece (included) connects to port on back of control box (Port B)
- Brush-type handpiece connects to port in front (Port A)
- Control the speed and stop and start the motor using either hand or foot mode;
- Hand - Speed control dial on front of control box, or
- Foot - Foot pedal (included) - will only go up to the maxmimum speed you set at the speed control dial.
- Settings available:
- Auto cruise - allows a preset speed to be held even when the foot pedal is released - work for a long time with no legcramp! :)
- Forward or Reverse rotation
- Dial or Foot speed control
- Digital display for precise speed and torque settings
- Magnetic bur holder on side of control box for your most often used burrs and bits
- Built in overload protection
- 5.4″ wide, 9.1″ deep, 7″ high
- 50/60 Hz, 100VA
Foredom offer two other handpieces which can be used with this control box;
- a Hammer handpiece (H.MH-011) for stone setting and engraving
- a Chuck Style High Torque Handpiece (H.MH-120) which gives you a flexibility of up to 4mm diameter burrs and bits
Included Brushless Handpiece/Motor (H.MH-150)
- Ergonomic and brushless with long-lasting ceramic ball bearings
- Burr changes are quick and easy; just a simple twist of the front section of the handpiece will release the burr
- Depending on which model you choose, it comes pre-installed with either;
- 2.35mm (3/32″) collet, or
- 3.17mm (1/8") collet
- There is also an optional 3mm collet available to add to the kit
- 6.3″ long, 1.06″ motor diameter
- 19mm (0.75)″ grip diameter
- 238gm (8.4 oz)
Included Foot Speed Control (HP7-7060)
- Variable speed foot control, varies speed from 1,000 – 50,000 RPM
- You can set a max speed using the Dial Speed Control which will mean you can't accidentally "rev" to fast with the pedal
- Set AutoCruise - allows a preset speed to be held even when the foot pedal is released - work for a long time with no foot pain! :)
- Plugs in to port on back of control box