RIGHT NOW THIS KIT COMES WITH TWO FREE PROJECT CLASSES!
LEARN METAL CLAY WITH TRACEY SPURGIN FROM CRAFTWORX! Order now and we will email information on how to claim your class.
A COMPLETE SILVER CLAY STARTER KIT FOR GAS HOB FIRING - EVERYTHING YOU NEED, INCLUDING ART CLAY SILVER CLAY, TOOLS, INSTRUCTIONS, AND GAS HOB FIRING KIT!
This Metal Clay Complete Starter Kit comes with the basic tools perfect for a beginner to get started with precious metal clay. The instructions in this kit are really detailed and will give you a good understanding of silver clay and how to work with it, and tools for firing on a kitchen gas hob or camping gas stove.
The kit comes with step-by-step instructions for four different projects, including how to make a fingerprint pendant, and a silver spoon. All four projects also have supporting videos, you can find these under the Product Videos tab above this text. The instructions also cover how to work with the clay, firing instructions, how to refine and polish, and more!
This kit is also available in a Torch firing version.
Are you looking for even more, or a very special gift..? Have a look at our ultimate Deluxe Metal Clay kit. At the bottom of this page you'll find a kit comparison table giving you an overview of the metal clay kits we have.
What is in the kit?
- Art Clay Silver 7gm
- Acrylic Spacer Set - 5 different thickness guides for rolling out your clay
- Mister Bottle - fill with water and use to gently mist your clay if it starts to dry
- Fine brush - handy to use to smooth out the clay, add water to seams and to bond clay parts, manipulate and move small parts
- 2 x non-stick working surface
1 x Pro polishing pad
1.5ml drill bit
3 piece cutter set (circle, heart and square)
6 x 3M Polishing Paper (Set with one of each of the 6 grits, roughly A7 size)
Veined leaf for texturing.
Gas hob firing mesh with protective cover - for firing the clay on a kitchen gas hob or camping gas stove
- Roller - for rolling out clay
- Acrylic spacers 1.5mm thick - to help roll the clay out to an even thickness
- Oyumaru - reusable mould making material to make moulds for impressions
- Sponge sanding pad set - to shape and smooth your clay before firing, and to mirror polish your silver after firing (use red, blue and green, in this order)
- Brass Brush - for brushing your piece after firing, leaves a satin finish (style of brass brush may vary from kit to kit)
- Silver polishing cream - for final polish
- Town Talk Polishing cloth - for final polish
- Liver of Sulphur - to give a black oxidised patina, antiquing solution
- Round jump ring - to hang on a chain
- Instruction booklet - very detailed with pictures and step by step instructions for 4 different projects, and how to store, finish, fire, and polish Art Clay Silver
- Gas hob instructions
- Leaflet - What is Art Clay Silver
What can I make from 7gm of Art Clay Silver?
To give you an idea of how much you can make from a 7gm pack of clay, the picture here shows 7gm of clay (what is included in this kit) rolled out 1.5mm thick (the thickness of the spacers in this kit).
As you can see, you can easily make 2 good sized pendants, with enough left for 2-3 mini pendants or charms.
Rolling out at 1.5mm thickness is a good idea when you begin with silver clay, this gives you a little extra thickness to allow you to imprint textures without making parts too thin, and gives you a stronger end result.
We usually say 1mm is the minimum thickness you should use when rolling out clay, so this is 0.5mm thicker than that. As you get comfortable you will be know when and how you can work with slightly thinner sheets of clay.
A comparison of our metal clay starter kits
Metal Clay Starter Kit - Tools & Instructions
Metal Clay Starter Kit - Clay, Tools & Instructions
Metal Clay Complete Starter Kit - Gas Hob Firing
Metal Clay Complete Starter Kit - Torch Firing
Metal Clay Deluxe Starter Kit - Everything you want!
Metal Clay Deluxe Starter Kit - Everything you want & a kiln!
Basic tools and instructions to get you started.
Basic tools and instructions, and 7gm Art Clay Silver.
The basic tools + more tools, instructions, 7gm Art Clay Silver, gas hob firing mesh.
The basic tools + more tools, instructions, 7gm Art Clay Silver and torch firing set.
All the tools you want, including textures and mould making, a full colour booklet with detailed information and our top-tips, 10gm Art Clay Silver, and torch firing tools.
The ULTIMATE metal clay kit! All the tools you want, including textures and mould making, a full colour booklet with detailed information and our top-tips, 10gm Art Clay Silver, and a Prometheus Kiln!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Art Clay Silver Basic Kit #1 - Finger Printed Heart Pendant
For family, couples, and/or friends.
Art Clay Silver Basic Kit #2 - A Pair of Simple Spoons
Art Clay Silver is made from silver powder, water and binder i...
Art Clay Silver Basic Kit #4 - Shell Pendant
Art Clay Silver Basic Kit #3 - Simple Shaped Pendant