Foredom Deluxe Woodcarving Kit - SR Pendant Motor & two Handpieces K.5200
Foredom's most popular SR motor as a Woodcarving Kit with a pendant/hanging style motor and two handpieces
The motor you need to get started in woodwork - use the Foredom motor for carving, shaping, sanding, de-burring, engraving and polishing.
Foredom is the world leading manufacturer of flexshafts. This SR motor is their most popular motor, and this bench style version is great for woodworkers. It's the ideal choice for grinding, deburring, carving, sanding, cleaning, buffing, and polishing on virtually every type of material.
It comes with a collet style handpiece, the H.44T handpiece. This is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4″. It comes with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work.
This motor and speed combination is CE compliant and meets all electrical and safety requirements. This is a 230 V version with a three pin fused UK plug.
Why is the label red rather than blue - is this a fake?!
No, the label is red to show it is a UK 230 voltage motor, rather than a US voltage.
Any Foredom hanging motor you buy in Europe SHOULD have a red label. If it is blue it is designed for 110V.
WHAT IS IN THE KIT
- M.SRM Motor - Foredom's 1/6 HP, universal, flexible shaft machine runs in forward and reverse rotation at speeds up to 18,000 RPM. The M.SR combines the most important features you would expect from a Foredom - power, reversibility, reliability, and versatility - all in one motor. It comes equipped with a motor bale for hanging, and a 39" long key tip shafting for connecting to any of Foredom's quick disconnect handpieces.
- C.SCH-2 Speed Control: Offers the same electronics and smooth control as the C.FCH-2 but in a much heavier, cast iron housing. The added weight eliminates any unexpected movement of the control along the floor. The bottom surface of the speed control is covered with non-skid material.
- H.44T Handpiece. This collet style handpiece is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4″. It comes with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work. The H.44T is a key tip compatible handpiece.
- H.28 Handpiece: This is also a collet style handpiece that comes supplied with 3/32″ and 1/8″ collets. It has a very slender design and tapered front grip that is only 1/2″ in diameter. It can be held in a “pencil grip” fashion for very close work in hard-to-reach places. The H.28 is a key tip compatible handpiece.
- AKWK53 Accessory Kit (see complete product listing below) 27 pc. assortment with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ shank accessories. It includes many unique items from Foredom, Scotch-Brite Radial Bristle Discs, Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands and Discs, Typhoon Burs, V Stones, CeramCut Blue Stones, and more.
- Flexible shaft grease.
- See the link below for a printable step-by-step instructions for three carving projects: a spoon, a Canvasback Duck, and a Hummingbird Pin.
What is in the AKWK53 Accessories kit? (please note Foredom reserve the right to substitute comparable accessories when needed)
- A-10082 1 Rotating Bur Holder, 1/4″, 1/8″ holes & cup
- A-4511-6 1 3M Radial Bristle Disc, 3/4″, 80 grit
- A-4922 3 Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands, 1/2″ x 1/2″, 60 grit
- A-4683 3 Aluminum Oxide Sanding Bands, 1/2″ x 1/2″, 80 grit
- A-4684 3 Aluminum Oxide Sanding Bands, 1/2″ x 1/2″, 120 grit
- A-4686 3 Aluminum Oxide Sanding Bands, 1/2″ x 1/2″, 220 grit
- A-7145 1 Vanadium Steel Cutter, Knife Edge, 3/8″ dia. x 9/16″, 1/8″ Shank
- A-CK396 1 CeramCut Blue Stone Point, Round Top Taper, 1/8″ dia. x 1/2″ long, 3/32″ Shank, 120 Grit
- A-CK897 1 CeramCut Blue Stone Point, Flat Top Taper, 3/32″ dia. x 3/8″ long, 1/8″ Shank, 120 Grit
- A-CK8302 1 CeramCut Blue Stone Point, Ball Nose, 1/8″ dia. x 1/2″ long, 1/8″ Shank, 120 Grit
- A-KB14522 1 Typhoon Carbide Bur, Cylinder, Coarse, Plain End, 9/16″ x 3/4″, 1/4″ Shank
- A-KB32519 1 Typhoon Carbide Bur, Cylinder, Fine, 5/16″ x 1/2″, 3/32″ Shank
- A-KB32718 1 Typhoon Carbide Bur, Ball Nose, Coarse, 5/16″ dia. x 1/2″ long, 3/32″ Shank
- A-M1 1 Mandrel, 3/32″ Shank x 1/16″ Arbor Hole Capacity
- A-M26 1 Mandrel, Sandpaper, 1/8″ Shank
- A-PD26 1 Plated Diamond Point, Ball, 4.3mm dia. x 3.8mm long, 2.35mm (3/32″) Shank, 125-180 Micron (120-200 Grit)
- A-PD10 1 Plated Diamond Point, Cylinder, 4.0mm dia. x 8.0mm long, 2.35mm (3/32″) Shank, 125-180 Micron (120-200 Grit)
- A-SD188 1 Rubber Sanding Drum Mandrel, 1/2″ x 1/2″, 1/8″ Shank
- A-V356 1 V Series Point, 1/8″ shank, Cylinder, 3/8 dia. X 3/8 h, 46/60 grit
In the past Foredom packed a Carving Manual in their woodcarving power tool kits. Hard copies of the manual are no longer available, however, a digital version is available by clicking on link below. The Manual offers step-by-step instruction for three carving projects: a spoon, a Canvasback Duck, and a Hummingbird Pin.
Motor with Built-in Speed Control carries a 2-Year Limited Warranty. Please note that shafts and sheaths are not covered by warranty.
I brought the ,Foredom pendent wood carving package, I was a little haprehensive about using the foot control at first but now I wouldn't have anything else. I have a lot more control instantly which is brilliant when detailing fine areas. I also brought the stand which again is very good especially as you can hang more than one motor. This is the first time I have purchased a foredom and I'm really impressed with the motor and accessories.