Foredom Deluxe Woodcarving Kit - SR Pendant Motor & two Handpieces K.5200
Foredom's most popular SR motor as a Woodcarving Kit with a pendant/hanging style motor and two handpieces
The motor you need to get started in woodwork - use the Foredom motor for carving, shaping, sanding, de-burring, engraving and polishing.
Foredom is the world leading manufacturer of flexshafts. This SR motor is their most popular motor, and this bench style version is great for woodworkers. It's the ideal choice for grinding, deburring, carving, sanding, cleaning, buffing, and polishing on virtually every type of material.
It comes with a collet style handpiece, the H.44T handpiece. This is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4″. It comes with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work.
This motor and speed combination is CE compliant and meets all electrical and safety requirements. This is a 230 V version with a three pin fused UK plug.
Why is the label red rather than blue - is this a fake?!
No, the label is red to show it is a UK 230 voltage motor, rather than a US voltage.
Any Foredom hanging motor you buy in Europe SHOULD have a red label. If it is blue it is designed for 110V.
WHAT IS IN THE KIT
- M.SRM Motor - This bench style version of Foredom’s 1/6 HP Series SR motor has an integrated dial speed control built into its cast-iron base for manual speed adjustment and easy placement anywhere on the workbench. It runs in forward and reverse rotation at speeds up to 18,000 RPM. The M.SRM combines power, reversibility, reliability, and versatility all into one motor. It comes equipped with a standard 39″ long key tip inner shaft and outer sheath for connecting to any of Foredom’s key tip compatible handpieces.
- C.SCH-2 Speed Control: Offers the same electronics and smooth control as the C.FCH-2 but in a much heavier, cast iron housing. The added weight eliminates any unexpected movement of the control along the floor. The bottom surface of the speed control is covered with non-skid material. CSA listed. 7″ long, 5″ wide, 2-1/2″ high, 6 lb/2.7 kg packaged wt.
- H.44T Handpiece. This collet style handpiece is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4″. It comes with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work. The H.44T is a key tip compatible handpiece. 4. AKWK50 Accessory Kit: 12-pc. assortment with Typhoon and other carving burs.
- H.28 Handpiece: This is also a collet style handpiece that comes supplied with 3/32″ and 1/8″ collets. It has a very slender design and tapered front grip that is only 1/2″ in diameter. It can be held in a “pencil grip” fashion for very close work in hard-to-reach places. The H.28 is a key tip compatible handpiece.
- AKWK53 Accessory Kit (see complete product listing below) 27 pc. assortment with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ shank accessories. It includes many unique items from Foredom- Scotch-Brite Radial Bristle Discs, Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands and Discs, Typhoon Burs, V Stones, CeramCut Blue Stones, and more.
- Fur, Feathers, and Fins 3 disc DVD set with in-depth instruction for beginning woodcarvers as well as detailed tips for more advanced power woodcarvers who want to enhance their technique. Filmed at the Vermont studio of renowned carver, Frank Russell, Fur, Feathers, & Fins shows the many steps involved in bringing simple blocks of tupelo wood to life. In over 3 hours of video material, Frank walks you through the set up of his work space, the tools he uses, safety concerns and lots more. He covers in great detail the carving of 3 different animal projects: A Cotton Tail Rabbit, Mallard Drake Duck, and Small Mouth Bass. Frank’s congenial manner and accomplished teaching style lend to the enjoyment of learning to carve. These DVDs are currently formatted only for viewing in the US, Canada and US Territories. Foredom is in the process of having them formatted for international viewing.
- Flexible shaft grease.
AKWK53 Accessories kit content (Foredom reserve the right to substitute comparable accessories when needed)
- A-10082 1 Rotating Bur Holder, 1/4″, 1/8″ holes & cup
- A-4511-6 1 3M Radial Bristle Disc, 3/4″, 80 grit
- A-4922 3 Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands, 1/2″ x 1/2″, 60 grit
- A-4683 3 Aluminum Oxide Sanding Bands, 1/2″ x 1/2″, 80 grit
- A-4684 3 Aluminum Oxide Sanding Bands, 1/2″ x 1/2″, 120 grit
- A-4686 3 Aluminum Oxide Sanding Bands, 1/2″ x 1/2″, 220 grit
- A-7145 1 Vanadium Steel Cutter, Knife Edge, 3/8″ dia. x 9/16″, 1/8″ Shank
- A-CK396 1 CeramCut Blue Stone Point, Round Top Taper, 1/8″ dia. x 1/2″ long, 3/32″ Shank, 120 Grit
- A-CK897 1 CeramCut Blue Stone Point, Flat Top Taper, 3/32″ dia. x 3/8″ long, 1/8″ Shank, 120 Grit
- A-CK8302 1 CeramCut Blue Stone Point, Ball Nose, 1/8″ dia. x 1/2″ long, 1/8″ Shank, 120 Grit
- A-KB14522 1 Typhoon Carbide Bur, Cylinder, Coarse, Plain End, 9/16″ x 3/4″, 1/4″ Shank
- A-KB32519 1 Typhoon Carbide Bur, Cylinder, Fine, 5/16″ x 1/2″, 3/32″ Shank
- A-KB32718 1 Typhoon Carbide Bur, Ball Nose, Coarse, 5/16″ dia. x 1/2″ long, 3/32″ Shank
- A-M1 1 Mandrel, 3/32″ Shank x 1/16″ Arbor Hole Capacity
- A-M26 1 Mandrel, Sandpaper, 1/8″ Shank
- A-PD26 1 Plated Diamond Point, Ball, 4.3mm dia. x 3.8mm long, 2.35mm (3/32″) Shank, 125-180 Micron (120-200 Grit)
- A-PD10 1 Plated Diamond Point, Cylinder, 4.0mm dia. x 8.0mm long, 2.35mm (3/32″) Shank, 125-180 Micron (120-200 Grit)
- A-SD188 1 Rubber Sanding Drum Mandrel, 1/2″ x 1/2″, 1/8″ Shank
- A-V356 1 V Series Point, 1/8″ shank, Cylinder, 3/8 dia. X 3/8 h, 46/60 grit
In the past Foredom packed a Carving Manual in all their woodcarving power tool kits. Hard copies of the manual are no longer available, however, a digital version is available by clicking on link below. The Manual offers step-by-step instruction for three carving projects: a spoon, a Canvasback Duck, and a Hummingbird Pin.
Motor with Built-in Speed Control carries a 2-Year Limited Warranty. Please note that shafts and sheaths are not covered by warranty.
I brought the ,Foredom pendent wood carving package, I was a little haprehensive about using the foot control at first but now I wouldn't have anything else. I have a lot more control instantly which is brilliant when detailing fine areas. I also brought the stand which again is very good especially as you can hang more than one motor. This is the first time I have purchased a foredom and I'm really impressed with the motor and accessories.